Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two books

I've been meaning to post about these two books for a while now so here it is. I love this first book. If your child is showing signs of being ready to read I would highly recommend this book. It makes learning to read so simple and easy. Briggs has grown so much since we've started this book and is reading pretty good. Thanks to my friend Summer, I never would have known about it!


This next book I happened upon and think it is awesome! First let me say that I'm not a diet book fanatic by any sense of the word but I was intrigued when it comes to getting a hold on your metabolism. So for the first time ever I bought a "diet" book, if you will, but it is so much more than that--it really is great.

I'm not jut saying it because I'm a HUGE Biggest Loser fan but it really gave me a lot of insight and was a lot deeper than I expected with a lot of medical depth. I also was intrigued with Jillian's story as she was one who struggled with weight her entire life. She addresses our hormones and how they affect our bodies and how the things we eat or do not eat can have a direct effect on our hormones. I really believe that food and exercise can heal our bodies; it just made sense to me and was really educational. I also like how it also addresses many of the problems many of us may have or know someone that struggles with any one of these things, like diabetes, PCOS, thyroid issues, menopause and the list goes on and on! I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

Palumbo Crew said...

Alright, I have been thinking about getting this book but I didn't realize she addresses the thyroid! I am defiantly getting it now, Thanks!!

ensadler said...

Thanks for the beginning reading recommendation! Brevin is reading do you think it would help to improve his reading skills? I guess I will look it up on amazon! One other thing I was going to tell you about is Starfall.com. You probably already know about it but if you don't it is a wonderful resource. I believe Brevin has learned a LOT from this web site! Thanks again for the recommendations!