Tuesday, January 26, 2010

18 month Brooklynisms....

So, we are enjoying our little Brooklyn very much! She is a bundle full of personality!!!! She is so keen and has an infectious little smile and an adorable little dimple!

Lately she has discovered how to take her shirt off and I will walk into a room with a shirtless little girl and a big smile from ear to ear. She loves to show us her tummy and if we ask her she will pull up her shirt, and say "du bai" and pat her tummy.


She loves yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, and macaroni and cheese (seeing a pattern). She won't eat anything with bread unless it's dressed like pizza ;-) or a crouton or tortilla (meaning she won't eat breadsticks, rolls, bread, sandwiches etc.) What toddler...or girl for that matter doesn't like bread?

She loves treats and can spot a treat a mile away; even if she's never had it before (Cory said she gets that from me ;-) My mom said that I could always find treats wherever she hid them...and that is so true (still true today)!!! So, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

She also has a spiteful side to her when you aren't paying enough attention to her; which Cory said is also like her mamma ;-) which I think is pretty funny, maybe I shouldn't laugh at that one but I can be honest with myself, and she is just so darn funny when she does it that it cracks me up!


She loves to wear "jewelry" and she is very matronly and loves her baby. Boy, girls are so different from boys! She loves to point to her eyes and say the word and she loves to honk our noses with her fingers. She is getting good at identifying different body parts and is beginning to say their names. She also says "Br" for Briggs but hasn't really attempted Ethan's name. She always says, "nigh nigh" when I put her down for bed or a nap and it melts my heart. Boy, I love this age! She can be the sweetest, most cuddly little girl and she loves to give her brothers and us kisses. Lots of kisses!

She loves wooden puzzles and has just started saying "ah right" (alright) and it is so cute! She loves to dance with her brothers before bedtime and is super loud in sacrament meeting at church! It seems every week someone comes up to me and tells me that Brooklyn sure has a set of lungs on her. Yep...I know!! The more you tell her to be quiet the louder she gets.


This is the Brooklyn scowl. It even gets more severe than that. I asked her to look at me for a picture and she said "NO" and then gave me the look! But how could I resist a picture of the necklace and medal hanging from my shirtless little girl!

She also loves to eat crayons, put things in the toilet like jacks and books, (drink out of the toilet if you remember that post from a few weeks back).







She bit me the other day for the first time because she wanted me to hold her while I was chopping some food at the counter. I said to her "we don't bite" and I asked her to say "sorry" to which she hugged me and said, "dar-ry," she really does know when she's made a mistake and is very sweet and quick to say sorry and gives lots of loves.

She has very good manners and is usually the first one to say "thank-you" or "dee-doo" as she puts it and "peeeees" (please).


She loves to talk! I got a kick out of her the other day when she was being so sweet and giving Cory hugs. As she laid there, for at good 30 seconds, with her head on Cory's shoulders she talked softly to him just telling him all about her day. Cory smiled and softly put his finger on her lips and said, "you don't have to talk baby girl," ooooh, it makes me smile! She is such a funny girl! Cory said that he can see them down the road on a daddy-daughter date and her sitting in the seat talking his ear off--but, he/we wouldn't want it any other way! Sure love this little girl.

2 comments:

Gabe, Crystal, Ashlyn, and baby Easton said...

LOL!!! What a funny, cute and beautiful little girl! I miss those kids so much. I love the fact that she hates bread and refuses to eat it, yet she thinks those crayons are delicious:) Its also a good thing that your toilet was clean! That still grosses me out:)

Summer said...

She is such a charmer! Makes me miss my pre-toddler bed kids... ;D