Picture taken March 2007-One of my all time favorites!!
I remember when I was in high school and college I would often meet my friend Ursala in the wee hours of the morning in freezing cold weather, to go jogging and how I knew that as much as I wanted to get back into bed I wouldn't let her down by not showing up. That was then...this is now...

Try as hard as I may, no matter how early I head to bed, I can't make myself crawl out of bed when it is pitch-dark outside, snow and ice, to get my work-out clothes on and head out into the frigid weather to hit the gym before Cory goes to work. Why is it so hard?!?!?! The only thing I want to do is crawl back into my warm comfy bed, snuggle with my hubby, and sleep the morning away; well, at least until the sun comes up! I don't think that is too much to ask ;-)
And since I'm being honest, nothing makes me happier on a cold winter day being warm in my house, my kids happy playing, and baking something yummy and most-likely fattening; and of course eating it! Then enjoying a quiet house when the kids going to bed....now that I think of it perhaps my "January" (ie. new years resolutions) should start in April or May (I think that would be more convenient ;-) Anyway...
All I know is that I definitely need to get it together. This working out late at night or when the kids are up and Brooklyn wants me to hold her while I'm jamming to Turbo Jam just isn't working!
I need to keep up with my mom and sisters; a little healthy competition that we have going ;-) and I need the gym. So, here is to a great week ahead!! And heres to all of you early morning working-outers (is that a word?)!


5 comments:
I hate it too getting up early to work out it's just too hard in the winter so I am with you.
Oh my goodness...I totally remember that! That was killer! Now I can barely run...let alone get my but out of bed at the crack-o-dawn! I'm so not a morning person...so I feel your pain. Does Brooklyn take a long enough nap for you to work out? Or are there any gyms in the area that have daycare (usually free or a nominal charge)? I think the YMCA gyms...they usually have daycare...you could call around do some other gyms too???
Good luck!
I am in the same boat! Torn between my bed or the P90X workout waiting for me in the basement. I have gotten up early once this week and the other two days have done it with the boys under my feet. So much better while they are asleep!! Good Luck, I know you can do it!!
Drea--P90X is such a hard workout!! Good for you! That is what my husband is doing and what I hope to do in a few month when I am a little more in shape!
I love your bedspread. I love the pintucks!
Post a Comment