

Merry Christmas from Ohio-2009
Here are some highlights from our year
Cory--For sure some of the highlights for Cory included extreme mountain biking with his buddy on the great biking trails they have here. Camping in our rented pop-up trailer. Having his parents out for a visit this past May and taking them to Kirtland; also being able to get away and go to Cedar Point Amusement Park (kid-less) and riding some of the United States biggest roller coasters. Taking a trip out to Idaho and Montana for 3 weeks and not having to work for those 3 weeks; that was pure delight for he who does not enjoy his cubicle-office-desk-job, in hanger number 10, on the base and silly office politics. He is also enjoying his newfound freedom that comes with teleworking a few days a week. Enjoying the kids; he’s an awesome daddy! And his big accomplishment for the year was loosing 35 lbs. He looks great and I’m so proud of his example of healthy eating and exercise. He has even taught our boys some fun things they can do and they love “working out” when daddy works out and eating healthy. We are hoping for a big and exciting change going into this next year and we are excited to see where it takes us; but I guess you’ll have to wait until the 2010 letter or by checking our blog!
Lisa--My highlights would definitely be our trip to Idaho and Montana, and spending a ton of time with family (4 weeks). I got to witness the birth of my sisters first child and it was incredible! Spending time at my grandparents cabin, playing pinocle with my Grandma (I really need to teach Cory), and making and eating my Grandpa and Grandma’s awesome chocolate candy (and did I mention gaining 5 lbs from that--totally worth it!!) I published my first blog to book and I loved it! Digital scrap booking is definitely for me! I’ve been working on my photography and enjoying that. Threw my first adult halloween party and had an awesome turnout and a great time! I learned more about my calling as Young Women’s President and after 2 years in Young Women’s I feel like I’m starting to “get it.” Started working out...again...trying to get a jump start on the new year and loosing those last 10 lbs.; isn’t there always 10 lbs? Anyway, I enjoy am enjoying the changes and I’m feeling great. I love being a wife and mother, and amid the challenges at times it is very rewarding; I have much to be grateful in my life.
Briggs--Turned 5 this year! If you follow our blog you will know that he is quite the self-motivator and loves to learn and do his kindergarden workbook; he also started reading and does really well. He won his first coloring contest and learned to ride his bike this summer. He is also pretty good at popping wheelies. He is a baseball fanatic and just discovered baseball cards a few months ago and loves collecting them and trading them with all of his friends. He constantly amazes us at how good he is at sports. He is into Star Wars and loves to play with Ethan and all the neighborhood kids. He loves hide-n-seek and when he doesn’t get what he wants he often says, “ooohhh, that’s a bummer” and it always cracks me up! He is such a great little boy and the perfect older child for our family!
Ethan (3)--Airplanes, bikes, scooters, 4-wheelers, motorcycles...basically anything with wheels and that makes him go faster, is what Ethan is all about it!! Which is probably why when we put him in his first organized soccer team earlier this spring he was more interested in the grass than the ball. This summer Cory found a larger 4-wheeler at a garage sale for older kids (5 and up) and Ethan took right to it. The boy seriously loves speed and surprisingly he mans that 4-wheeler like it was what he was born to do. He actually reminds me of my dad and brother; he seriously cracks me up! The boy loves to do little stunts and try new tricks. One day I looked over at him as he was riding down the sidewalk and saw him standing up, eyes closed, with his arms outstretched with the gas full-throttle. Unbelievable!! I just watched him, wanting to see how it all played out. He eventually hit a little bike and it shook him back into reality. Cory and I both agree that we are in trouble with this one; I can only imagine what our car insurance is going to be like to cover this little boy when he’s a teenager. He definitely keeps us on our toes. He also started preschool this fall and loves it! He is such a good boy and it is really evident it has really helped him mature these past few months and it’s fun to see that growth in him.
Brooklyn (1)
Shoes, HORSES, puppies, warm milk, going on walks, SOFT DOLLS, shoes, cereal, quesidilla's, soft blankets, baths, shoes, playing outside, dresses, oh, and did I mention she likes shoes. One day while taking a bath I wanted to get her out but knew she’d throw a fit if I just took her out. I said, “Brooklyn do you want to get out of the tub?” She shook her head defiantly “NO!” Then I said, “Brooklyn, do you want to go get your shoes on?” and she threw the cup she was playing with and stood right up and reached out for me to get her out! I guess you could say her BUZZ word is “shoes;” it is actually quite funny!
She celebrated her first birthday this past July and we often are amazed that so much personality can both manifest itself so early but also be packed into such a small little body. She walks around the house like she owns it; and I think she does! She is constantly into things and into mischief; she seems so much more aware of what it is going on than our boys ever did at this age; maybe that comes with having older siblings or maybe it’s because she is a girl. Regardless, we’ve gotta watch this little girl!!
She also talks non-stop and has her very own, very precise language that we lovingly refer to as Brooklynese. She is hilarious and loves to be the center of attention! One day I left her home with Cory for 2 hours and when I got back he looked exhausted. I asked how Brooklyn was and he sighed and said she was good but that she talked the ENTIRE time! I laughed so hard. That’s our little Brooklyn! We feel so blessed to have her!
We’ve had a blessed year! We feel so grateful for our testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ and we know it is because of him that we celebrate this season. May you all have a wonderful coming year!
With love,
Cory, Lisa, Briggs, Ethan and Brooklyn


No comments:
Post a Comment