"It would seem that my [children are] growing so quickly, as if time were advancing at an unnatural pace. At times I wish it were within my power to reach forth my hand and stop the moment-but in this I do err. To hold the note is to spoil the song."
-Richard Paul Evans
The last few weeks Cory has been converting our little mini dv's from our old video camera to cd's and we have had to opportunity to watch our children grow up again before our eyes and I have felt a little sentimental. At times the memories are brought back with such clarity that I remember how I felt in that single moment and the joy and simpleness of that time.
The boys love watching themselves as babies and toddlers and likewise we have enjoyed remembering some of those moments that would have been lost had we not captured them.
As Cory and I have reflected on our how our children have grown so far we realize how important it is to take the time to snuggle, to kiss those baby cheeks, to laugh and play with our kids and to enjoy the little moments each day gives us.


2 comments:
I love going back and watching old videos...so fun.
Aww- now I want to go back and watch some videos. :)
I shot Richard Paul Evans' family! He likes to wax eloquent, doesn't he. :)
Post a Comment