Monday, January 18, 2010

Old Navy...


Last year my friend Sheri told me about Old Navy's huge clearance sale in January where she was able to buy her daughters wardrobe for the next year super cheap, so I decided to mark my calendar ahead of time so I could be sure to hit it up.

Well, last week I saw that the clearance sale was going and I went and bought a bunch of clothes for my kids. Well, mostly Briggs and Brooklyn (poor Ethan gets Briggs' hammy-downs; though I did get him a few things) and I was pretty pleased with my purchases.

So yesterday rolls around and I get an e-mail with their current sale "1/2 off clearance." What?!?!?! I just could have saved myself $50. So I called them up today to see if they'd do a price adjustment and they did. So when all was said and done I purchased 40 items (jackets, sweatshirts, long/short sleeve t-shirts, shoes, hats, pants, skirts, pj's, and dresses) for $85. I think I did pretty good!!

So, if you missed it this year, mark your calendar for next year (though I am sure you could hit the sale up online through today). Definitely worth the great prices, and a great time to buy ahead for your kids!!

P.S. Rumor has it there is also another big one in July (and I'm sure others throughout the year)!!

5 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I totally went on Saturday and picked up 4 little boy shirts and two pants... for $10. :) It was fun buying some little dude clothes :)

Lora said...

Lisa, I did this as well and picked up a ton of cloths for my girls. I will be marking my calender for July's sale for sure!

Jerry and Kathryn said...

i love that. it happened to me one year when i went back to do an exchange and they price adjusted my whole receipt. i went this year and got some great things. love it.

The Wynia Family said...

They do have these sales throughout the year and they are awesome! Even better is that before you go hit up www.oldnavyweekly.com and you can find coupons hidden on the website and you can save even more! I LOVE their extra 50% off sale :)

La Candáche said...

Hammy-downs Lisa?! What on earth are those? I always thought they were hand-me-downs ;)