Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Primary

I've been meaning to post about this for a few weeks now, but we are so pleased to announce that Ethan has now advanced into primary and no one is more excited than he is! (Brooklyn goes into nursery in two weeks and we are equally excited for that; though Cory is going to miss his "excuse" to roam the halls ;-) Ethan especially loves going with Briggs to primary and being able to turn around in his chair and see him.

Unfortunately he was sick the morning of his graduation from nursery to primary where each of the kids received a little diploma, hat, and cookies and then were ushered into primary while the other kids sang, "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" to them; it was really cute and I was really bummed that he didn't get to attend that.

Photo courtesy of Breezi's blog since I didn't have my camera; hope you don't mind ;-)!!

Ethan is the only boy with all these girls!!! Lucky kid I guess!!

I took this picture of Ethan at home when he was in his jammies after church! Our little nursery graduate!!

So in this months primary newsletter there were spotlight sheets to fill out for the kids. Today I found them and decided I better fill them out and send them back. Some of the boys answers were cute. And just because some of their answers will change over the years, here is what the boys put:

Briggs
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite food: Lasagna and garlic bread
Favorite primary song: I am a Child of God
Favorite Scripture story: Helaman and Nephi
Places I've lived: Rexburg, Idaho. Utah. Kansas City, Missouri. Columbus, Ohio
Things I like to do: Play baseball, memory game
Where would I like to serve a mission: "I know...Africa!"
What I want to be when I grow up: "Fireman so I can save people."
What I like about Primary: Playing games

Ethan
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite food: Mac-n-cheese
Favorite primary song: Jesus wants me for a sunbeam
Favorite Scripture story: "I don't know!"
Places I've lived: Rexburg, Idaho. Kansas City, Missouri. Columbus, Ohio
Things I like to do: Play with cars
Where would I like to serve a mission: "Australia"
What I want to be when I grow up: "Fireman so I can save people just like Briggs."
What I like about Primary: "I don't know!"

After lunch Briggs wanted me to get him some books for quiet time. I grabbed this book:

and I told him that since he wants to go to Africa on his mission he should read this book. He looked at the book and said in the most serious voice, "I am going to Africa; this book is about Africa?" I told him that it was, and he was all about it! Funny boy!! And what would be even funnier is if in 14 years he actually did get a mission call to Africa. I guess we shall have to wait and see! My sister did say that she wanted to go anywhere but Temple Square...and what happened to her you ask?...she went to Temple Square! It happens!

2 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

You've got yourself some cute boys, for sure!

(and you are totally okay using that picture :) I just wish I had a better camera :) )

Diane said...

I remember a certain young lady in primary in Post Falls Idaho who was the ONLY girl in her primary class of 10 or so boys. Each Sunday you wanted to go home because you said you were sick! One day Ethan will look at it and say wow! I was so lucky then....