Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Part 5... Mountain River Ranch

December 23rd



My sister Candace and her friend April were able to come from Washington DC to spend Christmas with us; we were so excited to have them!  A week or two before they came I got a call from my sister saying that they wanted Cory and I to plan on going out one night so they could spend some one-on-one time with the kids... no complaints there!  It was really sweet of them.    

So I arranged for us to go out to Mountain River ranch for a horse drawn sleigh ride, prime-rib dinner and an Old West holiday show (It was my year to plan our anniversary and it didn't happen because of this and that so hopefully this counts for something ;-).  It was really an enjoyable night and it was fun to do something different.  

We left April and Candace with some sick kids (poor Ethan was pretty out of it with his cold; they were troopers) and we arrived about 7:30 p.m.  While we waited I people watched, took pictures, and had hot apple cider and Cory enjoyed his smart phone ;-).  About 8:00 we left on a 1/2 hour sleigh ride in 9 degree weather.  It was COLD but I got to snuggle up to Cory under a blanket as we rode around looking at thousand and thousands of Christmas lights and the steam coming off of the horses. 


When we got back to our starting spot we were seated for dinner.  They divided us into 3 groups (basically 3 long tables) and we had to each sing, dance etc. for our dinner.  The best group got to eat first.  We came in 2nd and Cory and I even did a cheesy square dance.  The dinner was pretty good and I liked that they seated us next to other couples so we weren't just thrown into a big group.  We enjoyed visiting with those around us.  After dinner they had an Old West Holiday show and it was quite entertaining.  

Totally my thing... Cory said so himself.  

It was a fun night!



 Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary hun!  
I love you more today than ever!

1 comment:

Tora Family said...

Sounds like so much fun! We've done something similar in Big Sky (Lone Mountain Ranch...always a good time) Glad you got to enjoy it!