Monday, January 30, 2012

Birthday party

Saturday we celebrated Sterling's first birthday with some of our family.  It was a fun little celebration.  He didn't know what to think of the cake and didn't really like the piece that I put in his mouth but he did enjoy playing in the frosting.  Here are quite a few photos from the day.

Also, a big thanks to Mindy for taking so many of the photos for us!

The fam!

 Before the party.  Brooklyn touching the cake

 It was a goofy party... and look, we have a goofy girl!

 Sterling's cake and hat


 A photo from each month since he was born.  It is amazing how much they change that first year.  And if you're counting, yes, there are 14 there.  I included a photo from the end of January, when he was first born, and a birthday photo.

 He loved the fire; kept reaching out for it

 Ethan and I helped him blow out the candle




 See what I'm talking about... Goofy boy!

 My nephew Rigdon

 Sterling didn't eat the cake, however he loved eating the candle.  Wax and all!

 Some of our "goofy" guests; my sister and her husband.  This was the best photo of the day for them!

 Ahhh, he's cute!

 And another... because they are both so cute!

 Kisses to Aunt Crystal

Mom's turn... nope, no kiss for me, I got a hand of frosting to the face!  I took a kiss anyway!

 Grandma and Grandpa Hansen and cousin Connor


 Mindy and Jed
 Helping him open his present from my parents

He loves the book!  Thanks Mom and Dad!

 My hot camera man ;-)

 Cory gave Sterling to Mindy to try to get her to be baby hungry again.  
I don't know if it worked?!?!?!

 My cousin Jessica, her husband and son Crew stopped by!  
So sorry no picture of cute Jessica; what was I thinking!  I was probably talking!

 We enjoyed relaxing and visiting with family


 Crystal and her son Easton

 Cory's grandparents showed up a few hours late; which worked out perfectly because we got them all to ourselves.  I think they liked it too because they got a lot of hugs from the kids!

Overall, it was a nice day.

We finished the night off with a babysitter and dinner at Garcia's with Carl, Judy, Jed and Mindy.  It was nice to have an adult night on the town.  
And as always the conversation was lively ;-)

Happy Birthday Sterling!  Here's to another great year!

Had his first year appointment today, some of his 1-year stats:
Height:  29 inches (20%)
Weight:  19 1/2 lbs (20%)
Has 8 teeth (4 on top/bottom)
Got 5 shots today, cried for 30 seconds and was done

And just for fun...
Loves Cheerios, cream of wheat, applesauce, banana's, crackers, carrots and potatoes
If he bonks his head, he'll stop, and go into what Cory calls his "Zen mode" where he pauses, regroups quietly... and then keeps going.  No tears.  It's pretty funny to watch!  And quite impressive ;-)
Takes 2-3 naps a day (1-2 hours each)
Walks 6-8 steps quite well; still prefers to crawl, it's faster
Goes to bed at 7p.m. and sleeps until 6-7 a.m.
He loves the dog licking his hands
When he wakes up he says "gawk" which is "dog" and looks for Kola
Loves to play in the bath and be really silly
When he has his cuddly jammies on at night it is his sign to be and act silly; it is pretty funny
He gets really silly when he has a full tummy
Loves remotes, touching buttons, and daddy's phone
When you ask for kisses he starts sucking in his cheeks really fast and making the "kissing sound," it is so funny!  He gives great kisses
Says: ma ma ma, da da da, ut-oh, gawk

6 comments:

Kara said...

I love it! Where did you get his darling birthday hat? We're just three months behind you in celebrating a first birthday and I'm starting to collect ideas!

Lisa said...

Thank Kara. I got the hat on Etsy from Dainty couture. It was a bit pricey in my book (and Cory's if you ask him) but since he didn't need anything for his birthday I splurged; I thought i would be great for some fun pictures. I think it turned out pretty cute!

Summer said...

What a great hat- worth every penny! It totally made those pictures awesome. I love that you had a birthday photo up with the rest of the banner- what an awesoem touch! I also love his shirt- Kael has the same one and I'm hoping he doesn't outgrow it before warm weather hits here again- it's my favorite one. :)

Happy first year, Sterling!

Love and Life said...

We had a great time, Lisa! Thanks so much for inviting us. Yeah, Cory's plan almost worked, but not enough. Not enough. You're welcome to try some more, lol. :)

Tora Family said...

Lisa I love all the cute decorations!I can tell Sterling is one LOVED little boy - happy birthday, Sterling!

Jorden and Jessica said...

So glad we could make it! Sterling is the cutest little boy and I can't believe he is 1! It was good to catch up :) PS I don't mind no picture of me, I'm always ok with that!