Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ugghhh...

Today has been one of those days. No less than 7 loads of laundry, dealing with 365 episodes of whinny, 255 times telling Brooklyn not to scream and to be nice, 40 time-outs, taking Ethan to the bathroom 25 times because he got a new cast on and doesn't want to bend his leg (of course accompanied with a lot of whining), 202 back-talking from Briggs (Grrrr!!!!), 20 times of my kids telling me they didn't want to do chores or eat what I gave them, 1,209 scoldings. Uggghhhh...I know I'm slightly exaggerating (not about the laundry though), and I am grateful for my kids, but it has definitely been one of those days that I just need a little break. And tonight its coming in the form of a babysitter who will be arriving in precisely 40 minutes and counting...tonight Cory and I are going on a date and for me I get to enjoy him and escape the madness of the day.

As all things have their opposites I am grateful for Brooklyn's belly laugh while Ethan makes silly noises at the table (I'm picking my battles and at least she is not screaming). I was thankful this morning when Briggs made his bed and cleaned up his clothes without whining (that's been a long time coming), and Ethan folding towels the first time I asked him. I enjoyed taking Briggs to kindergarden round up and to see how excited he got. And most of all I'm excited that Cory just got home from work...sweet release.

Well, only 36 more minutes and Briggs just put mac'n cheese in Brooklyn's hair...I guess it's time to sign off.

___________________________________________________________________

So were back...we went to eat at Olive Garden. We had an hour to burn and couldn't decide what to do, this was how the convo went down:

Cory: "Let's go check out the movie theater."
Lisa: "I don't really want to go to a movie, I'd rather just go home and watch a movie"
Cory: "Okay"
Lisa: "Lets just walk through Home Goods"
Cory: Blank look, maybe a bit annoyed look, on face. "Really? That's such a chick store!"
Lisa: "We're already here lets just go look around, besides they have some guy stuff."
Cory: "No, lets just go home"
Lisa: "I don't want to go home yet until the kids are in bed."
Cory: thinking..."Let's go to Best Buy"
Lisa: "That's such a guy store"
Cory: "See, now you know how I feel when you ask me to walk around in Home Goods"
Lisa: "Lets go to Home Goods this time and next time we have time to kill we'll go to Best Buy"
Cory: "No..."
Lisa: "Let's just go to Miejer I need to get a few things"
Cory: Reluctantly driving towards Miejer. two minutes pass..."so, this is the extent of our romantic dates these days. I wonder what it will be like in 10 years from now?"

We laughed.

It was really nice to be out...but boy is he on one tonight. Maybe it was that Coke from dinner or the Cap'n Crunch cereal that's coursing through his veins (boy, that takes me back to college) but he sure is getting into that Jazz game! He cracks me up!

1 comment:

Howling Pickup said...

Your day sounds all too familiar! I hope you have a great night out with your hubby!