Monday, April 26, 2010

Garage Sale...

This past weekend my friend Kelly came over and joined me in my first-ever garage sale and boy did it feel good to see people walk away with things that we've (though Cory would say "I") have been holding onto thinking that I'll "maybe use this someday" and we never did! Whew! Does it feel good! Then we took about 5 BIG boxes of clothes, toys, misc. items to Goodwill.

We also sold a bunch of bigger "ticket" items on Craig's list this past month and all together made around $1,300 which will definitely help in our move to Idaho!

What a great detox! I highly recommend it! I told Cory when we move to Idaho we'll need to make a second sweep through our stuff and just get rid of things. My mom wants my sister and I to go through their house and do the same. So, I think I've got another HUGE garage sale to prepare for this summer! I am actually quite excited!

Highlights of the garage sale were:

-getting to sit down after working non-stop for days; and not feeling guilty because I have so much left to do!
-laughing and talking with my dear friend Kelly; we always have a great time!
-Kelly's dad making a visit and trying on shirts and selling him Great Mormon Women!
-visiting with neighbors
-watching the boys play with their friends
-being slammed with people before we even set up our tables on Friday morning and then Saturday morning no one came for an hour and a half....hmmmm....
-the boys making popcorn in the kitchen
-the boys selling cookies, water and popcorn
-Barbie....psycho Barbie.
-rain....lovely rain
-Cory coming home on his lunch break pulling down random things from our garage (that we still use) and wanting to sell them--he was definitely in the spirit!
-and of course watching a lot of our things disappear while earning some money!

No comments: