
What a beautiful day we had today! The sun was shining, it was warm, and we got to spend Easter at home listening to General Conference. I love General Conference. We decided that we would take today and just talk about the true meaning of Easter and do the commercial part of it next weekend with our good friends here (plus Easter candy go on sale after Easter--can't go wrong with that ;-). So no easter egg hunts today (to come in a week or so), though the kids did enjoy some candy from Grandma and Grandpa and I got my hands on some of those mini cadbury mini eggs--do you know which ones I'm talking about? Not a good idea!--I definitely got my fill of those yummy pieces of goodness.
This morning we woke up and the kids helped me make Resurrection buns. It was really fun and after they were done Briggs kept asking me, "mom, what did you do with the marshmallow? Did you take it out?" He was really perplexed. It was fun! I think that will make it back for our Easter traditions in the future. Along with our resurrection buns we also ate scrambled eggs and bacon. Brooklyn loved the bacon! That girl!
Resurrection Buns
Before
Empty roll representing the empty tomb-not bad tasting either
The boys playing with their race car bunnies from Grandma
This secession of pictures cracked me up. This is Brooklyn trying to figure out what this bunny was about. I love all her different expressions. These are just a few of the crusty looks she will give you if she doesn't like something (like me trying to get the bunny from her to show her what it was).
These are taken in order in about a 10-second time span.
Look at that furrowed brow! Where do they learn that? Surely I don't do that...we'll...maybe I do every once and a while ;-)
Watch out folks. She can lay the dirty looks down like the snootiest teenager. Cory and I are in trouble--so are those boys that will surely come as she gets older.
After the first session of conference ended we went on a nice bike ride to the park and played for a bit. It was such a nice day.
Today was wonderful but made even more special by the reason we celebrate Easter--the resurrection. I'm so grateful for my testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. For his sacrifice for each of us and for his resurrection which allows all of us to overcome death and live with him again. My life would have little meaning if I did not believe this--and I believe it with all my heart.



2 comments:
Haha! I love those shots of Brooklyn's brow. Cutie!
That chicken is inspiring- yum!! Gotta make me some of that now... ;D Ever tried it with bacon? So naughty. But yummy. ;)
mmm, everything in this post looks yummy, and oh so lovely! Gotta try the resurrection buns, my kids would really like those.
Post a Comment