Monday, April 19, 2010

Sold!



After much prayer and consideration, and after selling our home last month, Cory put his two-week notice in today and we are moving back to Idaho to begin a new adventure in our life.

We are starting our own business. We are sad to leave but excited for what the future will bring. We anticipate a roller-coaster of emotions as we go throughout the next year especially, but we are excited to work hard and make a name for ourselves. We have accepted all potential risks - after all, there are absolutely no guarantees. On the other hand, we are excited of the potential benefits as well. Because this may come as a surprise to some and maybe not at all to others, all I can think to say is - we are at a juncture where two roads diverge, and we have decided to take the one less traveled by.


The business: Sales and rentals of modular ramp systems designed to provide wheelchair access for residential homes, businesses, schools, and any type of special event. These products are designed in such a way that they do not require permanent foundations and thereby do not require building permits. They allow setup within a 24-hour time period. Cory will be working closely with hospital discharge planners, day surgery centers, physical therapies, and all others involved in the health care industry accommodating the needs of those with physical limitations. Because many physical limitations can be temporary (i.e., knee replacements, hip replacements), the business is going to offer customers the option of renting these ramps for a short time as opposed to purchasing a complete system.


That is the brief synopsis. I know Cory will do awesome! This is the type of work in which I feel he has been well prepared for, through past experiences, to be successful! I am really excited for him/us and the possibilities for growth.


It is really bitter-sweet for us when we think of leaving Ohio--which we dearly love! We will miss the people we've met, the stunning spring and fall landscape, the wonderful metro parks, our community, the great shopping and restaurants (I'm sorry, Idaho just doesn't have what other big cities have--but for that same reason we are also excited to move to Idaho), the perfect neighborhood for our family, nice neighbors, our home which we love, and most of all our dear friends and the relationships we've made here. Thankfully they are lasting friendships.

So, now it's time to get down to business and get some serious packing done; two weeks until the truck arrives! For those friends in the Columbus area I am having a multi-family garage sale this Friday and Saturday! Perhaps our junk may become your treasure ;-)

14 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I'm so excited for you guys!
I hope the Lord blesses your family and you won't go through many downs- but tons of ups! Starting a business is a little scary... but if that's where your answers have lead you, that's right where you need to be.
We'll miss you in Ohio- but we'll be seeing you in Idaho soon enough- when we move there after our business is launched :)

Amy said...

Congrats! Kev told me awhile ago it's sound fun and exciting. Glad and jealous you get to be by family. I am sure it will be great! Good luck with the move. No I didn't make those headband I am not that talented bought them at old navy.

Anonymous said...

we're going to miss you guys sooo much! but it's awesome you're taking the leap and going for it. btw i have some junk i'll be brining by for the sale. :) and i look forward to shopping your sale. :) anyways, glad we got to know you guys so well, and we will for sure keep in touch!

Sadie said...

Oh fun!!! But sad too. Thank heavens for blogs...you and your friends will be able to stay well connected. I have a fun group of girls to hang with. Mindy is one of them. You will fit right in...if you want to. :)
Good luck with the move! I wish I could come to your garage sale. :)
See you in a few weeks.
PS- I think that Cory's business sounds like a fabulous idea!

Love and Life said...

Can't wait to have you guys closer to us!!! It'll be nice for Rigdon and Ronin to have some cousins to play with that are more their size. We can't wait to see you. Good luck with the move - that's got to be a bit stressful. The snow has finally left us and the warm weather is ready for you (for the moment anyway.) The Lewis Family

Anna said...

Lisa

It has been awhile. I would love to catch up. What part of ID are you moving to? If you have a moment to chat my cell is (801)636-4242.

Katie said...

HOLY CRAP!! <--understatement! I am so excited for you guys and was totally, TOTALLY thrown for a loop! We have sooo many questions to ask you about (where exactly in ID? How did you come up with this business? ect) When you get a chance email me! Again, CONGRATS!! and good luck!

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Wow! I had no idea! That's great! Best of luck with moving and getting settled. What part of ID are you moving to? Hopefully it means we will get to see you more often. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Wow! Awesome...glad we will be around for a little while when you guys get here. Stinks that we are moving to provo just when you guys are coming back:( Let us know when you get into town. Good Luck with packing!

Shelly and Ken said...

Congratulations, I am so excited for you guys! It will be so nice to be closer to family. What an exciting, crazy time for you family.

Stephani said...

WHAT!?!? Oh my goodness, okay, well I am definitely one of the excited ones about this news! =) Yes, where at in Idaho? Probably not my neck of the woods, but at least this gives hope for a potential reunion! How cool!
And that is truly so awesome that you guys are starting your own business, that really sounds like a good one, way cool!

Kara said...

Wow!! Congrats- Good luck with your new venture, keep us posted.

Jerry and Kathryn said...

Congratulations Lisa! I am excited for you guys and even more excited we may get to see you once in a while. Good luck with the move.

Brittney Fullmer said...

I am so excited for you guys!!!! Good luck with everything. We will be in Idaho falls in June...maybe we will see you :)