Sorry to post so much about Ethan but he had an eventful day. This morning was turning out to be gorgeous. We got up. I actually exercised (a big accomplish for me lately ;-) and then we got ready to go out and enjoy the sunshine (something that we haven't seen in a few days). Ethan hoped on his bike and headed out to ride. I noticed he wasn't wearing a helmet and he came back in and put it on.
As he left our driveway and was headed down the street he went to turn his bike around and crashed. He was crying and I knew he was hurt by the cry. When I ran over to him he wouldn't stand up. He refused to walk on his left leg. After about 10 minutes more of crying and trying to have him stand up I concluded he probably broke his leg. I called my friend Erica to see if she would watch Briggs and Ethan (which she did so willingly) so I could take him to the doctor. We spent over 4 1/2 hours at the hospital (a bit ridiculous if you ask me) and came home with a dark green cast on his left leg all the way up his thigh. He had a toddler fracture on his tibia bone (the same one that briggs had when he was 2 1/2).
What a bummer!
While in the hospital one of the nurses asked him a question and he asked her why his leg wasn't gone? It was pretty cute. He was so good today; my little buddy. He got about 10 stickers, a spiderman easter egg, Iggy the Iguana stuffed animal and 2 popsicles and got to ride around in the hospital in a little kid wheel-chair (which he loved!) When the nurse asked him what kind of popsicle he wanted she gave him the options of orange, red, or purple. He thought for a minute and said, "yellow...a lemon one." We both smiled and she gave him the options again, and though he wanted lemon he finally decided that orange was close enough to yellow and was satisfied. He did remarkable well missing lunch and his nap and only sharing a bag of pretzels with me until almost 4:30 today. I was so proud of him!
He is looking forward to smily faces and names being drawn on his cast. I am hoping that in the next week he will begin to walk on it. I think he finds a lot of strength in the fact that Briggs has been where he is now. I think tomorrow we'll bust out the video's of Briggs in his cast. That should be a good time.
Until next time....


3 comments:
Oh poor kid that is eventful day. Hope it heals fast :).
So sorry Lisa! :( Get well soon, Ethan!!
Wow, goodness, what a day! Hope you both find some good R&R. :)
Post a Comment