
I wish....
Briggs has kind of been on one today.
Not listening very well. Back-talking. I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about. Normal kid stuff that drives me crazy. Lots of whining, warnings, and time-outs. He is also holding fast to that oldest brother bugging syndrome where he bugs his siblings and they respond with lots of screaming followed by his laughing and his continuation of the bugging. Ugghhh....
After my shower I went in the boys room to check on them only to come around the corner just as Briggs pulls down his pants to moon...yes moon, Ethan and Brooklyn (I am sure I haven't heard or used that word since high school) . Really?!?! I asked him if someone has done that to him and he said no. Where do they learn these things? I texted Cory this morning and he thought it was hilarious. It must be a boy thing.
Then earlier this morning he spilled grapefruit juice on the floor and instead of wiping it up he gets down on the floor and starts slurping it up...um hum...slurping. Where is my civilized sweet boy? Just shortly after the mooning incident he kneed Ethan in the arm and Ethan was crawling around and tripped Brooklyn who has a big line down her right side of her face and two little cuts. My goodness. I know we taught our boys better than this. Ughhhh....again.
I had had enough and finally put him in time-out for 5+15 minutes because he kept saying "no" to me, and every time he did again I added a minute (he should know this by now as this is about his 3rd or 4th time with extended time-outs). He finally stopped saying "no."
I have felt like I have constantly on him this morning and after getting upset a few times already he knew I was really upset around lunch and he started rubbing his eyes and he told me that he can't always remember what I taught him. I felt bad. I will try harder to be better today. He said he'd try harder too. So far so good.
Only 7 more days...miss you hun!


1 comment:
Levi has done everything in this scenario, including the mooning and (often) the extended time-outs for saying no. Oh the personalities these boys can come with! ;)
Post a Comment