Who think that glue sticks make great lipgloss? Brooklyn does!
Who thinks that the lines going down the road are race lanes and that all the cars in our lane are on our team racing the opposing lane? Our boys do (especially that Ethan boy ;-)
Who think that intersection lines are an actual finish-line and ask me to go faster so I can beat the other cars? Our boys do.
Or that our mini-van is a race car? Ethan does because he asked me today if it was our race car. "Yes Ethan, it's our race car." Yesterday morning Ethan climbed into bed with me to snuggle and after a few minutes said to me, "mom, I want my own jet someday." "Oh?" "Not an airplane that people fly in but a jet so I can race the other people and beat them." I told him "I'm sure you will...I'm.sure.you.will."
Life in the fast lane ;-) or maybe it's just life. Either way it makes it interesting.
There are so many things that our kids do that I love, like:
Brooklyn's little valley girl laugh (it is so girly and cute) and how she totes her blanket or doll wherever she goes. How she says "wa-wee" for water and "tank-you" for please-take-what's-in my-hand-away and the way she smells and her sweet kisses. I love how we are sitting at the dinner table at night and Brooklyn hears the garage door open and without looking yells "DADDY!" I love that she loves her little shoes and how everything becomes a bracelet. How she will sit for 30 minutes in the same spot and concentrate on picking her lip. How she hates to be left out and always wants to do what the boys are doing. And even her loud "NITE NITE" and "BYE BYE" are all trademarks of that little girl we love.
I love Ethan's love for life. He tells me almost everyday how much he loves to laugh--and he does. His little giggle is infectious. He is such a bright light and makes us smile. I love how he calls girls "girlo" and how he picks the raisins out of his raisin bran and how his feet are always find us while we cuddling in bed in the morning. I also love patting that little bumbo of his. He loves to live life and is super sweet especially when we are soft-spoken and tender with him. We sure love that little boy with those deep blue eyes.
And Briggs. What a fine little young man he is becoming. He can be very thoughtful and sweet and loves to make you happy (most-of-the-time). He is a great helper, very goal-oriented and has an amazing memory. Yesterday after church he told me that he learned about the resurrection and he recited the entire story of the Saviors resurrection even using details like "mary was crying and didn't know that she was talking with Jesus" and "pilot" and "Thomas." It was so cute (i need to record him telling it).
I love how he will come by and kiss Brooklyn on the head or cheek and say to me "she sure is pretty special." I love how he watches the older kids jumping their scooters and he tries and tries and gets an inch off the ground. I love how he loves to clean the lint trap and start the dishwasher. Yesterday he wrote a note and colored a picture for Cory, who's been away on business; he did it all by himself.
We sent it to him today and he loved it. Here is the envelope he addressed to him ;-)





1 comment:
Geneva is all about glue sticks being lipgloss!
Post a Comment