Monday, March 15, 2010

40 degrees and rising...

This morning when we woke up the sun was shining. I got up, we made beds, had breakfast and headed out for a walk/bike ride. While talking with Cory this morning he said it was nice outside. I didn't realize it was the low 40's and frigid. It really felt like fall. I could smell wood burning stoves and it was definitely hat and glove weather. But we headed out anyway. The boys rode bikes and I pushed Brooklyn.

Destination....my favorite abandoned house.

It is so close to us that I thought it would be fun to re-visit and of course I couldn't leave behind my camera.







We only stayed a few minutes before heading home. Cory was home early from work before heading off to a doctors appointment and stopped to pick up the boys in the truck. They loved riding in the back.


When I got home we were reminiscing how we used to do that all the time as kids. Our parents would load up the truck and put us behind to sit on the goods, or I remember just jumping in the back of the truck at my grandparents ranch and headed here or there...good memories! It is fun to watch your kids make memories like you did as a child.

I guess the next thing we need to teach them to do is hooky-bob ;-) Did any of your dad's take you as children? Mine did and those were some of my favorite memories. And you don't even need a truck to do that one!

No comments: