Thursday, March 4, 2010

18 days and counting....

It's a little after 7 and I noticed around 6:30 that it was starting to get lighter outside. Hallelujah!! I am so happy that spring is right around the corner (18 days to be exact!) It is amazing how energizing it can be. This has been a long winter for me...I'm not going to lie. Maybe it's my children going crazy inside, or all the extra things they do to bug each other and all the complaining I feel like I've had to do since they can't get their energy properly out, or the colds and runny noses, or all the complaining and crying and tantrums I hear during the day, or maybe it's that extra 5 lbs I packed on eating all those homemade baked goods that I love to make when it's cold outside and have no desire to get to the gym to loose (but want to complain about ;-), or maybe because I've just been a little on the grumpy/emotional side the past few weeks (and no I'm not pregnant). All I know is spring is almost here. I have much to be grateful for, and I don't try to complain but I seriously can't wait for that sunshine--I'm done with the cloudy skies. It's almost here and I'm getting excited to again grace the outdoors without having to get my kids so bundled up. The forecast is supposed to be in the mid-40's this weekend and we are going to take advantage of that!

Lately I've been buying fresh flowers to put on my table. When I go to a store and see them I am automatically drawn to them and can't resist putting them in my cart. I think it helps to break up all the white I've been seeing outside for the past few months. But whatever the reason, when I see brightly colored beautiful flowers they always make me smile.

On a side note I took my kids to an indoor bounce house on Monday and they had a blast. We'll definitely be hitting it up again next week to burn up some of that energy. I got a kick out of Briggs yesterday. He asked me if he could exercise to my Turbo Jam video that he saw me do the other day. It was soooo cute watching him. I tried to snatch some video because I couldn't resist. He actually did about 30 minutes of it and when he was done told me "that felt good...it feels good to exercise." What a sweet and funny little boy.

So, perhaps it seems I've been a little stressed out. So, nothing makes me happier than baking something. My neighbor just had a baby so I thought I would try a new recipe. My sister made this cinnamon bread the other day and shared the recipe with me so I decided I wanted to try it out. It was a big hit. I will definitely make it again. The bread was so tender and had this amazing glaze on the top that tasted to me like a glazed donut. It doesn't get better than that. Ethan was my little helper and we had a good time, just the two of us. So, here's to a better week ahead.

(I tried several time posting the recipe but it was posting funny and I couldn't get it figured out so if you are interested e-mail me and I'll send it to you.)

3 comments:

Sadie said...

I hear you on the winter thing. It is so hard to be a stay at home mom with little ones in the winter months.
I totally want the cinnamon bread recipe.
Do you still have your family newsletter? My email is on it.
Whenever you get the time. No hurry. I sure don't need to make it...definately not on the lettuce and celery diet.

Stephani said...

I'd love the recipe when you get a minute. :)

Good idea with the flowers, I need to do that. I am so affected by colors, and I get seasonal affective disorder in the winter from the lack of them. I bet they smell so good too. Looking forward to spring too!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

ohh, Yes Please- to the recipe! It looks divine!

breezianne81@hotmail.com