Sunday, February 28, 2010
sleeping bag fun...
When I was a child, my siblings and I used to take sleeping bags and ride down them on the stairs...and as dangerous as that may sound we once lived in this old house that had 3 stairs at the bottom that were curved into a 90 degree angle (pie shaped) and we would gather all the blankets, sleeping bags, and pillows that we could find and put them at the base of the stairs and we would run from the top of the stairs and jump all the way down to the bottom...we were crazy kids. We'd even climb over the wrought-iron railing and jump straight down.
So, I thought I'd pass on the tradition to my kids ;-) So, the other day the kids were going a bit stir-crazy (is that how you say it?) and so I went to the basement and retrieved our sleeping bag and I decided I would go down first to demonstrate...I'm not sure if that was the best idea as I've lost a lot of my grace over the years and I thump...bumped...bump...thumped all the way down all the while Brooklyn was crying/screaming because she was scared (what a picture right ;-). I guess my near-30 year old body wasn't all that ready for that. But the kids had a fun time with no accidents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Wow! So cool that you would brave the steps after ALL these years. That brings back a lot of memories. Remember when us much older Mom's did that at the cabin?
yeah, I looked high and low for that picture of you and aunt kim (which I saw last week) but was unable to find it. When I find it I will be sure to add it to this page.
My brothers and I used to do that when we were kiddos too....gotta love it!!! Love the photos!
You're such a fun mom Lisa! I love reading everything you do with your family, and of course always love love all your pictures. :)
we used to do this too!! TOO fun! I wish we could do it in our house now, but it might not be a good idea with all of the tile... ;-)
Post a Comment