Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day weekend

Cory and I started off the weekend by going out to eat at a place called Mitchell's Steakhouse. We shared a bacon wrapped filet minion with crusted gorgonzola cheese on top (so good!) and a side of sauteed mushrooms and a rich chocolate lava cake for desert to finish it off. I enjoy those few times a year when we get to splurge a little bit. It was perfect! The food was amazing and the company even better ;-)

Then on Sunday we started off the day with warm butterscotch pecan caramel rolls...yummy and ohhh, so easy.


Saturday night I stayed up and made some "homemade" valentines for my kids (as scary as they may look, they were from the heart ;-)

Ethan really loves horses so his was a sparkly horse in grass ;-) You may have to use your imagination. When he saw his note from dad and mom and after I read it to him he had the biggest smile on his face and said, "I LOVE my family!" It was so cute!


Briggs got red basketball shorts with his number 10 on them. He loves basketball and wore his shorts all day after his game. Later in the morning, after many slinky runs he said, "this morning has been a fun morning!" Indeed it was.


Brooklyn's, well...it was my first one. It's a somewhat scary face, I realize, but it was for the purpose of displaying her necklace as a nose; it just didn't turn out as cute as I thought it would. But the great thing is that kids don't really care because she immediately just started to yank the necklace off.

Card and candy for cory. I got a fun card where he had to spin a cupid arrow to get his "gift" (wink wink) and his landed on a romantic dinner for two...no kids. So, I will need to plan something special here very soon!

Oh, I love my little morning bed-head little girl....









Love love love my family! I have been so blessed! We even got to sing "Families can be Together Forever" in sacrament meeting as a family; the kids did awesome! We finished off the day with friends over for dinner and games. It was a fun day! Happy Valentines day!

5 comments:

Summer said...

You guys did such a great job singing- that was adorable!!!

Laura said...

Adorable! Love the homemade cards.

The Becks said...

I think the Valentines are perfect. You are such a great mommy... and getting to be quite an accomplished photographer too!

Kara said...

I would love your recipe for that bread!

Kara said...

Sorry- that last comment was from me! Kara Pothier