Tuesday, February 23, 2010

100 years...

Ethan is obsessed with time and how he fits into time. He is constantly asking about when and how long ago we were kids, when we'll have another baby and when it will be in my tummy, when he'll be a daddy, when he'll go on a mission, when he'll be taller like daddy etc. This was our conversation this morning:

When was daddy a little kid?
A long time ago.
How long...like a hundred years ago?
No, like 25 years ago.
ooohhh...that was a long time ago!

yes, Ethan, yes. Is it a bad thing if your child thinks your old when you're not even 30? I guess that is the nature of children vs. parents.

Also the other night Cory was drinking a Coke at the dinner table (a rare instance) but Ethan asked him about the Coke and Cory told him that it wasn't very good for you. Then Ethan said, "when I get to be an adult I'll drink Coke just like you dad. I want to do EVERYTHING you do!" They don't miss a thing do they!

2 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Alli asked me a few months ago if I was able to play with the dinosaurs when I was a kid.

Kids crack me up.

Summer said...

Oh funny. Ha! Coke and dinosaurs. :)

I was just glad when Mia stopped making up time references like "yesterday week-morrow."