Briggs was up first and his prayer went something like this... "Dear Heavenly Father...I'm thankful for my family, my friends, my neighbors....please bless me, my dad, my mom, my brother, my sister, my neighbors, President Monson and his apostles, please bless the Brother of Jared, Jesus, Heavenly Father, please bless Helaman and his 2,000 stripling warriors...in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" Oh, how I love it! Their prayers are so innocent and wonderful!
Then it was Ethan's turn. I don't know what evening prayers are like at your home but our boys seem to either be too tired to get through a prayer quietly or without grumbling or crying, or too rambunctious to sit still, though eager to pray. Ethan for sure, is litterally all over the place while folding his arms....every prayer! He's standing on his feet with his folded arms resting on the ground, bum in the air, moving from left to right, laying flat on the ground, bumping into people, playing with a toy he found under his bed--all in a single sitting. For the life of me the boy cannot sit still! But after listening to Briggs' prayer I got a kick out of the first thing he said: "Dear Heavenly Father, please bless me...." and then the prayer continued much like Briggs'
Just wanted to remember this, even though it can be frustrating at times, I am reminded that these days will soon pass and I ought to enjoy the funny little things they do...


1 comment:
Love it! Little people prayers are so sweet.
Post a Comment