Friday, February 19, 2010

Always a runnin'....


I know I recently did a post on Brooklyn and it's Briggs' turn but there have just been a few things lately that she's done that needed to be posted!

Let me just tell you a little bit about Brooklyn…the girl never stops!!! She is going going going, and she only takes one short nap a day (Ethan still naps 2-3 hours faithfully; on a good day she'll sleep 45-1 hour) and Cory is convinced that it is because her mind is always running; it is so true (is that a girl thing?). Anyway, she is very aware of what is going on and is very curious and she HATES to be left out of whatever the boys are doing.

Lately I've been sticking her on the toilet when I change her diapers and she loves to "wi" (wipe) and she will take some toilet paper and wipe the side of her bum cheek over and over and over and then smile and drop it in the toilet. Then she will waddle on over to the side of the toilet to flush it. It is hilarious (I'm going to have to video it sometime). On her 2nd birthday the diapers go bye bye; if not sooner!

Anyway, this morning Briggs was taking a shower and I could hear her up there in the bathroom playing with Briggs. I went up to see this:

A soaking wet little girl from the chest up.

I went downstairs and I heard Briggs get out of the shower and then a few seconds later Briggs is yelling for me, "Mom, Brooklyn's got her hand in the toilet....(pause)....and she's drinking the water!"…really? I thought we were past that. So, I book it upstairs while I'm trying to get her to stop with my words...to no avail. When I came around the corner and she saw me, mind you with a HUGE smile on her face, she quickly put her hand back into the water and into her mouth before I could get to her. Unbelievable! This is a story, like the naked baby pictures, that is going down in Brooklyn history just like this one!

She has also single-handedly ruined more books than both of our boys combined. There have been several others with the same fate (see the book in the background as well). She is a picker and if she sees any little flaw in the book cover she will pick at it until it is destroyed. I thought girls were supposed to love books and treat them with respect…not our little girl!! She will also pick at hangnails or dry skin on her lips for hours and with complete concentration. She cracks us up.

We've had an unusual amount of snow lately and one day last week I was out shoveling the driveway only to look in the window to see that Brooklyn found all these cups and was lining them up on the window seal so it was no surprise for me to walk in the house and see this:


She has no problem sticking a 1/2 of a banana in her mouth at one time or a bunch of cut up pizza bites like in this picture:

She is so much fun! She is constantly keeping us on our toes....when we ask her to do something she'll either say, "no" or "aw-wight". She has recently joined the ranks of the family at the table and she loves to sit with all the big people. Often throwing a huge fit if she has to sit in her booster seat instead of standing on the chair like this. She is 18 months going on 5. That is how I was as a little girl so I guess the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.

Just a few other random facts:
-recently started singing on demand; it's pretty cute
-loves to eat cereal and just started eating it with milk...two words...loves it!!
-calls her blanket her "baa bee"
-Starting to identify parts of her face like "no (nose)" and "eye" and "head" and "ear"
-very expressive with her eyebrows, and knows how to give the look of death!
-says "wa wee" for water; it's pretty cute

No comments: