
Ethan since it was his half birthday it seems only fitting; here it goes
-He is constantly saying and doing funny things
-He needs to be heard and when he's not he makes certain you will hear him by screaming (which he gets ignored) or by repeating what he says over and over and louder and louder
-If he's upset he'll often tell you that you don't get any presents or that he won't play with you
-A few weeks ago we were in the grocery store and I grabbed his hand to move him around the cart and he yelled so loudly, "STOP IT...you HURT ME!!" (repeated at least 3 times) It was unbelievable. In that moment I could see us down the road on a family trip and he's the one in the back of the car holding up signs saying, "Help me" or something like that.
-If he doesn't understand what you say to him he will say "I can't hear you!" (usually repeated until you clarify what you mean :-) gotta love the persistence!!
-He has to have the last word (we're in trouble already)
-He loves to play with his animals and cars and situate them in strategic positions
-He loves to play chase
-He can be super lovable
-He has the cutest laugh and these eyes that pull you in
-He recently began yelling "Stop it OLD LADY" while standing in the corner for time out (have no idea where he got this one) and the funny thing is is he will even say it to Cory when he puts him in time out. That is one where it's hard not to laugh but we're working on that one with him.
-He loves to see how things work (as you'll see in the pictures)
-I think it is safe to say that Ethan thinks outside the box and I love to see what he comes up with.
-He loves to take the lids to my pots and put things in them and watch them spin
-Loves to go sledding!
-He goes around the house singing with verbrato :-) "orrrrrrr revo-tion....orrrrrrr revo-tion" (it is from the goodbye song they sing at pre-school that is composed of a bunch of different languages). He can be heard singing it many times and in many places but my favorite happens to be while he is sitting on the toilet; it is hilarious!
-He loves to play with Brooklyn and Briggs is his best buddy
-He loves to look at books at bedtime
-He has crazy wacky hair in the back, that is hard to tame; it takes a lot of water and gel
-He loves loves loves pre-school!!
-Is recently getting into computer games and leap frog
-He loves to wear his soccer uniform on Briggs' basketball game days
-Loves to ride scooters in the basement with Briggs while listening to Christmas music (yes, it is February but whatever works!)
-He recently doesn't like to be kissed and when daddy kisses him he'll wipe it off, to which daddy will say to him "okay, I'll take my kiss back," and Ethan will let him; often correcting him that that wasn't the right spot. When all was said it done daddy gets about 5 kisses without any resistance! He loves that!
-Loves PB & J and taco's
-He loves to put the soap in the dishwasher and at any time the dishwasher is soaped up and ready to go!!
-A classic Ethan scenario:
Mom: Ethan did you clean your bedroom and make your bed?
Ethan: Yes
Mom: Okay, so if I go up there I will see it all done?
Ethan: (thinking)....I'll go check again
Mom: (that's what I thought ;-)
-Other times I will ask Ethan to do something, and thinking he's totally forgot about it, I will walk in and see him getting to it the first time; he's always surprising me!!
(The following are pictures taken over a month...some of Ethan's finest!)










(Recently I decided to not do monthly journals for my kids; it was becoming a bit overwhelming, so I decided that I would highlight each of my kids each month along with other blog posts that I decide to do and then I'll print off a copy for each of us at the end of the year so my kids will have a journal/scrapbook of their growing up.)






















2 comments:
Like this idea. it is so hard to get around to recording in individual journals.
Ethan seems to have alot in common with Kristine - must be a middle child thing. But I have to warn you, having the last word thing is a killer when they are teeenagers. A Killer!!!!
Post a Comment