Thursday, February 3, 2011

I know he's a week old but meet....


Sterling Alexander
What a sweet little boy!

It took us a long time to decide on a name because we were so certain he was a girl so we had lots of girl names and no boy names that we could agree on. And it is soooo much harder trying to decide on a name after the baby is born. We've always had our final name picked out before our other kids were born and it was easy but we kept looking at Sterling and wondering if he "looked" like the name we were thinking of; it was rough. Finally on the last day in the hospital we decided on Sterling and it fits him well. Ethan has had a hard time remembering his name and even up until yesterday he kept asking me what his name is. It is pretty funny!

This past week in many ways has flown by. Sterling is such a sweet little guy and we feel so blessed to have him. The first night home was rough to say the least, the 2nd night not much better. The third he only woke once during the night and the fourth night slept from 10:30 p.m.-7 in the morning (I actually had to wake him up). I couldn't believe it. It was much needed. Let's hope he keeps with the 4th night's schedule (at least more often than not; I'm not naive ;-). He loves to sleep all cradled in his car-seat and it has made a big difference.

So in an effort to catch up, and for my mom who really wanted to be here, this is what we've been up to since last Thursday.

At the Hospital

Proud daddy

The kids instantly were smitten! It has been really cute to watch them interact and hold him. They get so excited about the littlest looks or faces he makes. And Brooklyn has been so motherly, we were wondering how she was going to react. Before we had the baby she said that she didn't want the baby. Now I think she just didn't understand; she's been wonderful.

This is a picture that goes with the short video below that I didn't know Cory was recording. When we saw it later that night we both got a kick out of it (taken on his phone so forgive the quality) but it is classic Brooklyn. Also, Ethan has had a hard time with calling the baby a "he, him etc." as you'll notice in the video. It really is cute!





Our four kiddos

Grandma Hansen holding Sterling

Aunt Mindy and Rigdon visiting us at the hospital. We also got a surprise visit from my friend Amber. It was so good to catch up with her.

The night before we left the hospital we got a nice london broil steak dinner complete with sparkling cider....they were speaking Cory's language. It was really nice.

Cory bought me the red roses when Sterling was born and the green were from my Doctor

This week we also had some visitors. My sister Crystal with her daughter Ashlyn and my sister Candace who is visiting from out east. The time always goes too fast. We had a good time catching up.


I know Candace loves this picture of her with the mask. ;-) She was getting over a cold and was a good sport for an overly protective mother.

First Bath at Home


Like all my kids he loved his hair being scrubbed and washed. There is nothing sweeter than a clean smelling baby. I love that newborn, warm skin on my face; the newborn smell is like nothing else. I never get tired of cuddling with my little guy.


Ethan and Brooklyn with Sterling




Making Cookies with Aunt Candace

I think it's become a tradition to make cookies with Aunt Candace when she comes to visit. Ethan and Brooklyn were all about it. Ethan especially loved licking the beater and Brooklyn was a great controller of the on/off switch on the kitchen aid.

Yummy monster cookies....it doesn't get much better than these cookies!


Saying Goodbye

Ethan wanted to look like a lion here in this picture. It took some coaxing for him to take it off for a more "normal" picture. He is so silly! Notice his pj's that he puts on right after he gets home from school because their "comfy."

Brooklyn was pouting; actually I think she just hadn't quite waken up from her nap.

Brooklyn "sleeping" with the baby




Sure love our little guy!

Also, I added some more pictures/text in the post after this one of some post-delivery pictures of Sterling.

13 comments:

Amy Eaton said...

Happy Day! Glad he is here safe and sound!

The Critchlow Family said...

You guys make the most beautiful children! Congratulations on baby #4. He is precious!!

Love and Life said...

Wow- looks like a fun but crazy week for you guys! Love, love, love the pictures! Such a beautiful baby, seriously. Lisa, you look so beautiful in your post labor pics! I definately can't say the same about mine. Sterling! Cool name. Hope you are healing well and getting all the care you need. :) Love you guys.

Tora Family said...

I love all of the pictures, Lisa. The kids are so sweet with him. What a blessed family. :)

Amy said...

Very cute makes me miss my newborn. Hope he keeps his streak of sleeping as well.

chrisjones said...

Lucky boy to be receiving so much love!

He is adorable!

Jorden and Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing Lisa! Sterling is beautiful! I'm glad everyone is doing well. We will have to pay a visit soon!

Jerry and Kathryn said...

Love his name. So happy for you guys.

mmm... said...

He is absolutely perfect Lisa! The kids are adorable with him. Congratulations!

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Lisa, He is beautiful! I am glad everything has been going as well as expected with a new baby. It's making me a little teary thinking mine is going to be here in about 6 weeks. (I will say the picture of the contraction machine doesn't make me all that excited though!) Congrats! I hope you get some more good rest!

La Candáche said...

I'm not sure what that says about me that I'm always the one making cookies :/ Though I think it helps the kids remember that I'm their favorite aunt ;-)

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Your doctor gave you flowers?!? HOW COOL!!

Sterling is such a cool name :)

Howling Pickup said...

He is such a beautiful baby and I really like the name you chose. It was so fun to see you. Congratulations!!