Monday, February 28, 2011

shirts, shirts, and more shirts....

So today, after the boys ate lunch, they were "supposed" to be doing their chores (Briggs sorting/folding the laundry and Ethan emptying the dishwasher). I was downstairs nursing and they were left unsupervised to do as they were asked.

Now anytime I hear roars of laughter and running back and forth upstairs it concerns me a bit; especially when I'm not able to get right up and check things out. When they finally came downstairs I saw these two rascals sporting Cory's shirts. And another time Briggs came down wearing my jeans and underwear on his head while Ethan was wearing Cory's shirt and my high heel boots. They are two silly boys!

I guess that is one way of passing the time when it is still FREEZING outside and constantly blowing. Now that I think of it Jodi, we may take you up on your offer and be on your doorstep tomorrow morning, enjoying the balmy 90 degree weather in Texas....be on the lookout for us ;-)


Now, it was a whole other story when I walked into my closet and saw this....Upon inquiring further I learned that Ethan and Brooklyn went on a rummage through my closet, depositing 1/2 of it on the floor. Ethan was a good sport and cleaned it up, as he should, while Brooklyn napped.

Now for a few funny things Briggs said today:
"I wonder why, when babies cry, their head gets all wrinkly like a towel."
and...my favorite....
"I love Sterling more than the Wii. But before we had Sterling, I loved the Wii more."
So funny!

This is Ethan's contraption he made to block the sun from Sterling's eyes the other day.
I thought it was pretty sweet.

And two other cute things about Brooklyn. Often when we go in to check on her at night she is lying on her back with one leg up and bent and the other leg crossing the bent leg; like a little lady....it's pretty cute. She is also into wiping daddy's kisses off and it is one of her favorite games to play with him!

Today she also came into me while I was putting on my make-up and said, "am I big?" I said, yes, and she said, "cause daddy said I little, and I not little, I BIG."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I found your blog off of Ingrid's blog. I love your sweet pictures! You are a great photographer and you make the most beautiful children! Congratulations on Sterling, he is handsome!