Wednesday, February 16, 2011

50 degrees and falling....again....

So, yesterday, and the day before, were quite balmy for a February in Idaho. Cory and the boys set up the basketball hoop, that we got from Christmas from Cory's parents, and the boys were thrilled. Have I mentioned I'm ready for Spring?!?!?! Well....I'm ready for spring. It was so nice to let the boys out of the house and to run and play; Brooklyn too, who likes to be and do what the boys are "being" and "doing."

I got a kick out of the kids when I went to go check on them. This is what I saw....

Brooklyn in her chair, watching the boys scooping water with the snow shovels in our neighbors driveway, barefooted, no coats and all. I definitely didn't authorize that. I think they were on daddy's watch while I chatted with my sister inside.



Brooklyn all kicked back with her feet in the air! Clearly enjoying herself.

Ethan with his school shirt on and his ripped and torn Boise State football pants on. That boy cracks me up....oh, and Briggs in his bare feet. Did I mention it was almost 50 degrees? Definitely time to shed the shoes I guess; he told me he had them off because they were soaked; makes sense.

And I didn't get a picture, but as I went to call the kids in for the night, I saw Brooklyn and Ethan both sitting in the red chair together, on our driveway, and they were hugging each other and gave each other a kiss. It was pretty cute!

Sterling just plain tuckered out. The poor boy is all congested and not feeling well. It makes me so sad when my kids, and especially my small baby, is sick. But he sure is cute and cuddly and he has the sweetest disposition. He is changing so much. Sometimes I wish I could just freeze time or freeze his sweet baby smell or his cuddles so I can always remember. The time goes too quickly.

Tummy time

Everyday life

Here are some cute pictures I took of Brooklyn while I was nursing Sterling. She was all ready to go to Ethan's Basketball game and she just looked so darn cute in her coat smeared with frosting from her sugar cookie from Grandma's last weekend. She is our go-girl and was trying sooo patiently to wait.



Did I mention that Brooklyn loves to dress herself? Actually, not just that she likes to, but she is emphatic about no one helping her at all! She is a funny girl! These are supposed to be her play/outside jeans but she's been wearing them a lot lately. At least she isn't asking me to wear skirts every day like she had been doing. Today while she was "supposed" to be napping she was taking clothes out of her drawers and trying them on....oh, boy; and was her room ever a mess. I think we're in trouble. Cory said she is like me on a Sunday morning. It's true. I try on about 5 outfits and ho and hum about them until I feel like I look fine enough. I think I need to hit the gym....and sooner before later. I have plans. I do.

And today, the kids were listening to High School Musical and I walked into the kitchen to see Brooklyn standing up on the table dancing around the tulip plant; complete with the "shake some booty and turn around" (the song's words not mine) and she had the actions to go along....it is what it is and I have to admit it was pretty funny and she thought she was funny too.

1 comment:

Jorden and Jessica said...

Your kids are so adorable! I love the 3rd picture down of Sterling on his belly looking up. I can't believe he can hold his head up like that already! It's amazing how fast they change!