Friday, February 25, 2011

Hi-heels....Wolverine...baby and more

Well, winter is stiiiiiiill here, and in full force with no sign of letting up. Brooklyn likes to pass the time changing outfits any chance she gets. The last few days have been hi-heels, skirts/dresses, and jewelery. She came out of her room yesterday with a black skirt with purple/pink flowers, a brown t-shirt with bright colored butterflies, a pink sun-hat, furry boots, and a dark blue summer jacket; it was quite the get-up (wish I got it on camera). She is so funny and such a girl!


Tonight she has been particularly on one. She was walking around the house all frustrated about something and making the "humph.....humph" sound as she walked around the house in her hi-heels (which she does surprisingly well), like a little diva. I couldn't believe it. She looked like she was poised and ready for the cat-walk; she seriously has the swing in her walk and I'm not kidding. It was so funny; though I won't think it's so funny in a few years I'm sure. It was a time when I seriously wish I had my video camera open and ready. Thankfully I had my camera and got a few shots and she shuffled past me all annoyed. (See picture below while Cory tries to get her to calm down.)

She is VERY independent these days and likes to do EVERYTHING herself. She is a great helper and likes to help hang up clothes and button any button she can get her hands on. I came in the other day and saw in her closet and shirt she had hung upside down, kind of like the picture below. It was pretty cute. She is also really good at destroying her room while she's supposed to be napping.


Yesterday, she helped me tidy my room.
Here she is hanging up daddy's sweater in hi-heels.

Trying to button Mommy's sweater and getting "frustrated" (her words not mine ;-) and no, her hair hadn't been done in a few days. It's been one of those weeks for me! Just ask Cory ;-)

But this smile just melts my heart, and just because I can't just pick a few pictures here are some others I took!





This is Brooklyn doing the "I love you....hmmmm.....hmmmm....THIS MUCH!" spreading her arms wide. This is her signature saying right now.

We've been cuddling a lot with this little guy. I can hardly keep the kids off of him!
He is very much adored.

Today Sterling smiled for the first time. I was just smiling and talking to him and then he got the biggest smile and his eyes just lit up; that's when I knew it was a real smile. It melted my heart and then I spent the next 10 minutes just trying to see if I could get him to smile again....but to no avail. What a sweet little guy!

Almost everyday after school Ethan comes home and puts on his Wolverine costume; pretty cute. It is great because when he's wearing the Wolverine costume he is "SUPER strong" and is a much more willing little boy to help out because of his muscles in his arms and stomach, or so he tells me. It is pretty cute!

Just another day in the life of our family....

A few other things I want to remember about this week....

The boys have been playing outside in the snow; Brooklyn too on occasion. They like to take the snow shovel out back and put snow on the trampoline and slide around on it. They also like snow-ball fights and hot chocolate when they come in. Cory said the other day Brooklyn and Ethan were making "buttons" in the snow with rocks out by our shed; he said it was pretty cute!

Yesterday, Brooklyn bit the corner of the wall in her bedroom, all the way down to the metal (paint in her mouth and everything), because I put her in her room during a tantrum. I scolded her good and a few minutes later she came out, completely humbled and sad, and said to me, "I need to say sorry to you." I got a hug and a kiss and we moved on. She is easily corrected and is really a really sweet girl.

Ethan is now on book lesson 43 and is reading pretty well. Lessons are good on some days, not so good on others; but there is progress. It always amazes me how different our children are. They learn so differently and their personalities are so diverse; sometimes I wish they came with a little manual. But it is fun to see him learning and growing.

Today I complimented him on his "good attitude" during his book lesson. I asked him how it felt to have a good attitude. He smiled really big and said "good!" I told him I was proud of him and to remember that feeling when he has a good attitude. He kept looking at me with the biggest smile and then he came over to me and said, "I want to hug you!" and he gave me a BIG hug. What a sweet heart!

I started Body for Life this week and went to two spinning classes. Five minutes into the first class I was sure I made a mistake getting up early to go work out at the gym....it was tough, I'm not going to lie. But a few days of sore and I'm thinking that spinning is going to be my new best friend to help me in shedding my post-baby weight!

Here's to another week....

3 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who doesn't do little girl's hair when I'm having 'one of those weeks'

Brooklyn is so cute in those sassy heals. What a fun girlie girl! :D

Ethan with those super hero muscles is pretty darn cute!!

chrisjones said...

That Brooklyn is such a cutie! It's fun to read about your sweet children.

Tora Family said...

Lisa, ALL of your kids are so cute with their cute little personalities. That Brooklyn is a hoot - I love the girly-girl in her...and I think maybe she takes after her mama in the firey/sassy personality department. :)