Our Valentines weekend started last Friday when Cory's mom watched our kids so Cory and I could take a trip to Pocatello....a hot destination in Eastern Idaho if you will ;-) so we could stock up on groceries at Costco and then go out to eat at Red Lobster (thanks Dad and Mom for the Christmas gift certificate).
The kids had a great time with Grandma. They made a HUGE heart cookie for Cory and I and some little small ones and they were set out for us when we came to pick them up; it was so cute! I would have loved to take some pictures but Brooklyn insisted on smashing the top of the saran wrap that covered the cookies and they didn't look so pretty by the time we got home....but boy did they taste good! I told Judy that it was the perfect them for them to do together as the kids had been asking to make them and I just hadn't quite got up the energy yet....shocking, I'm sure, since all who know me know how much I loved baked goods!! They also got to go play basketball at the church! They had a great time!
Here are some pictures from our Valentines weekend....

Brooklyn LOVED the valentines I put on her bed and kept saying, "I lub my balentine!" over and over and "I always lub-you mommy!" and "I always lub Jesus! Do you lub Jesus?" she would ask me out of the blue. So cute! She also asked me if we get to live with Jesus again. I told her of course and she would just smile and say again, "I always lub Jesus!" She was definitely the most appreciative of my little gift of love! About as appreciative as she was with me doing her laundry last week! She is a funny girl!
Some fresh Tuilips that I picked up. Please Spring....you can't come soon enough! I'm ready to boot the kiddos outside to burn off 4 months of pent-up energy!

Briggs' valentine heart. The boys had a good time at school with their valentines parties.
To finish the night off Cory made me a nice steak dinner after the kids went to bed. I am sure thankful for my family and loved ones!
Happy Valentines Day!



No comments:
Post a Comment