BOY!!!!
Yesterday, at 4:45 pm we welcomed a new little baby boy to our family. He weighed in at 7 lbs 11 oz and is 20 1/2 inches long. He looks like Ethan as a baby and is just so sweet and perfect.
The name is yet to be determined....40% of you guessed a boy and you were right. I was completely shocked to see a boy but couldn't be happier; he is such a special little guy!
Yesterday before going to the hospital I gave Ethan a hug goodbye. He asked where I was going and I told him "to go have a baby" and he said to me with a big smile, "be sure to tell me what you have!" It was so cute. Then as I was walking away he asked, "so what do you think it is? A boy or a girl?" I answered "I think it's a girl" and then I asked him and he said, "boy." He was the only one in our immediate family to guess boy. He's pretty excited that there are now 4 boys and only 2 girls.
The kids have been with Cory's mom and today they came up to see him and were instantly smitten. I am going to have a lot of really good helpers; they already adore him.
Here are some pictures from the post-delivery....





There is such a sweet spirit as you hold a new little one right from Heaven. He is just so special! We are so blessed!
Some highlights and low-lights surrounding his birth that I want to remember....
....in no particular order or importance....
-Waking up early to go to the hospital
-my epidural not working when I most needed it....ugh!
-An inattentive delivery nurse
-The doctor not being able to break my water because I was posterior so I had to wait another 5 hours for her to have time to come back
-Watching winter x-games with Cory
-Eating a lot of raspberry ice chips (I was starving) and downing some serious calories when I could finally eat
-Cory saying "it's a boy!" and it not registering until he said it again to me and LOVING that he was a surprise
-I remember thinking instantly that he looked like Ethan as a baby; his mouth is the same and they look similar when they cry
-Holding him after he was born and smelling him
-Nursing him the first time and he was a natural
-all in all it was a wonderful day!



15 comments:
CONGRATS,LISA!!!
You make such sweet adorable little boys. :) I can't wait to hear what you name him.
(Isn't waiting to find out the gender THE BEST!?)
I'm so glad to hear that he's made it in your arms (and out of the belly)
Hugs to you and your family :D
Wow, Lisa, you posted super quick! Beautiful photo of you and your little guy. He is so cute! I loved getting to talk with you guys and have some snuggle time with your little one. So happy for you guys!
Congratulations to all of you! Can't wait to hear more!
YEA, Lisa! Congratulations!
Congrats...
SO happy for you all!! Congrats on your beautiful new boy!
Oh so cute. So fun he looks like Ethan because I think Briggs and brooklyn look alike. Nownyou have two of each. Hope your recovering well can't wait to hear what his name is. Contests!
So Happy for you guys... I will be induced on the 12th of February and can not wait!!
CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for you guys! He is beautiful! Good luck!
Congratulations! Hope everything went well and you are recovering fine. Can't wait to see more pics and learn the little guys name!
congrats!! He is adorable! And you look absolutely amazing too!
He's a mini Cory! That's so fun that you guys waited to find out. You look so great, Lisa! I hope things are going well- congratulations you guys!!!!
Congratulations Hansen family!!! What a gorgeous baby, and his mama too. =) Like everyone else, can't wait to hear the name.
Love ya!
Congrats Lisa!!! We were wondering if you had your baby with all of the cars at your house! Let us know if you need anything!!! Congrats again, he's adorable!!!!
Hey Lisa, I've given you an award! Congrats! You'll have to get on my blog to see what the next steps are. I know you are busy so I don't expect you to do this, but I just wanted to let you know that I put you on my list.
Post a Comment