There are a lot of stories in this room and the best part was I did it on a budget, it was really inexpensive to put together...you should be able to click on pictures to enlarge.
Above: The little night stand bought at an antique store for $10 and the little monkey doll that our friends the Koenigs gave brooklyn. The bedskirt made from an oval table cloth found at a thrift store. The rooster on the dresser was one of the first things you'd see as you walked up the stairs into the kitchen at my Grandpa and Grandma's Burnett's ranch and one of the only things I took from the ranch before it was sold; seeing it always reminds me of the many times we were at the ranch and all my great memories. Metal tray on wall also found at thrift store.

Above: Fun old books and Cinderella record both found at thrift stores and which Brooklyn LOVES.
The room from the hallway. The dresser I got from a neighbor in Ohio who was going to throw it away. I painted it pink/peach as I was going to go a TOTALLY different direction with the room and then I found the bedskirt fabric and pillow fabric and totally changed my direction. We'll see if I keep it that color. For now it works.
The bed with a painting my Grandma Jones painted for me when I was born. She painted an old Raggedy Anne picture for each of her grandchildren when they were born. Until now I didn't have the "perfect" place to put it but I have to say it couldn't have gone anywhere else and fit as well as it does here; the colors and style are perfect for the room; it was as though I planned the room around this painting.
This great 1960's chandelier that I purchased at an Antique mall in Billings. It was 1/2 off and I got it for $18. It was a steal and I LOVE it. It adds so much character to the room. The white board in the back was a wooden forest green wipe board that I painted and antiqued white and added black and white polka dot fabric over the boards. I bought it for $22 at a great used furniture place here.
Above: The doorknobs I purchased for a few dollars from my sisters friend who was selling them at our garage sale which she salvaged from an old building that was being torn down. The cinderella book, again from a thrift store and the baby crib from an antique store here for $8.The aborigine doll was a gift from my parents to Brooklyn from their trip to Australia last year. She loves this doll.

Above: The fabric for the pillows is my favorite! And really the entire inspiration for the room. I saw it one day while walking through Hobby Lobby and it reminded me of this great chair that my Grandma Jones upholstered and that I took Brooklyn's pictures on in 2009, and I couldn't pass it up! It became my new jumping off point for the room. Lamp embellished with a homemade flower and the strawberry shortcake record was a blast from the past for me when I saw it and I knew it had to be in the room. The white lace pillow behind the flower pillows were also a purchase at the thrift store (I just got lucky that day I guess!)
It was a fun room to do and it brings a smile to my face when I see it. After the baby is born, Brooklyn will share this room with the baby.



5 comments:
So cute I love the colors and love, love, love the mix of old and new!
ps Good Grief! You're going to be having a baby any day here!
WOW! What a fun room! I love everything you've done here, and I'm sure Brooklyn loves it too!
What a fun room! I love all that bright color. And so great for both boy or girl, so whatever your sweet little surprise is, works out perfect. Good work. =)
Lisa, you are absolutely amazing! I love this room! It is adorable and beautiful! Thanks for sharing all the details. Time for me to spend my days searching thrift stores and antique shops! :)
I LOVE it! It looks sooo great! Of course it does, you do such a great job with everything... You moved the bed to a different wall then, right? I am so glad it's done before the new baby comes! Any day now, maybe today? :)
Post a Comment