Friday, July 8, 2011

Mountain biking and Water Games

Mountain biking 

A few weeks ago my brother and sister in law were up from Texas.  We took the time to hit up some great biking trails in Pocatello one Saturday.



Highlights:

Cory and Jodi leading the group
Ben and I bringing up the rear
Ben's deep breaths at the top of the hill... Jodi and I getting a good laugh at his expense
Me falling over downhill twice into a bush and a tree (thank goodness they broke my fall)
Ben reminding me to fall uphill next time... thanks Ben!
Jodi crashing at the bottom of a hill (up over her handlebars sort of crash) and me crashing into her and both of us ending up in the stream.  That one hurt and I payed for that for about two weeks with horribly icky and large bruises and boy was I ever sore!
Ben's look of moral dilemma on whether to pull me out of the stream first (I was on top Jodi) or come to the rescue of his wife.  Got a good laugh out of that one.
Mindy cruising downhill with the guys and me and Jodi riding the brakes (they were big hills!)
Jodi saying she'd rather go uphill the entire time and Ben saying he'd rather go downhill.  If only they could figure out a way to make that one work!
Eating at New York Burrito before heading home.
A fun time!


Me, Mindy, and Jodi
I just think this is a cute picture of Jodi
All lined up and ready to go
Ben and Jodi... so cute!

Water Games

One day Cory's cousin Sadie had everyone over for water games.  Water balloons turned into a full on water war with Cory and the hose against all of our nieces and nephews.  It was great entertainment.  Thanks a bunch to Sadie and those that put together a great afternoon of fun.
Uncle Cory vs. his nieces and nephews

I love the Idaho landscape in the background!

I love Ethan's face here!
Cute Hudson
No, my husband is not from the middle-east; though that is a nice towel-turban.
He just wanted to cover his shaved head from the sweltering sun.  We got a good laugh out of it anyway.
Hudson and Rigdon
About 8 p.m. after huge rainstorm
After all the family left we stayed and played a silly animal game with Karl and Sadie and the whole time Karl kept saying it was a stupid game; it was funny.  We got some pizza from Mr. Pizza, watched the rainstorm and saw two beautiful rainbows, the kids played awesome together and then we took off back to Cory's parents (and thats when I got to take photos of my nieces).  It was a nice day.

1 comment:

Sadie said...

It was a super fun day! We need to need to hang out more often.