Thursday, July 28, 2011

3rd Birthday...

Every mom, who has a daughter, has probably made this cake, but this was my first one and I loved how easy it was to make and I especially loved how excited Brooklyn was about it!  She was insistent this year on a cinderella cake; so blue it was!

I can hardly believe she's three!  She is such a joy in our life!  We celebrated by going to get donuts this morning and then this afternoon we went to the same splash park as we did last year (can't beat a fun-free-water park!)  I just couldn't bring myself to do a friend party this year when she is content having a small family gathering; so that's what we did.  I figure those will come plenty in years to come.

Love that little smile


 All day when we asked Brooklyn how old she was she'd say "2."  She really knows she's three but she didn't want to admit it, claiming that 4, 5, and 6 were better numbers.    

 When I finally let her touch the doll she was so cute touching her head, and hands and just looking at her.  It was fun!

Family photo... plus my niece Ashlyn who wanted to join in!

 My sister Crystal with her two kids

  Grandpa with Sterling

 Hudson, Carter, and Ethan



Pictures the boys drew for Brooklyn's birthday.  They are of Brooklyn in a princess dress.  Briggs in yellow, Ethan in white!  She was so happy when she got those... oooohhhing and aaaahhing.  They loved it!

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!  We love you!  

2 comments:

Scott and Lindsay said...

Yea! Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

Jorden and Jessica said...

Happy birthday Brooklyn! Love the cake Lisa! It doesn't look like that was easy!