Talk about dragging out a vacation on a blog ;-) I guess it is better late than never. Here is the last post of our vacation...
Day 7 (Saturday)
Today we got up and ready and took the kids down to the strip to the M&M store and Cory wanted to visit the Coca Cola store. It was really hot and the kids complained a ton as we walked a 1/2 mile up the strip from where we were parked. I felt like I was doing a dance trying to shield my sweet innocent children from filth (won't be taking them ever again) but when we got to the M&M store they enjoyed picking 3 colors of M&M’s from the rainbow wall; which was pretty cool.
Shortly after we met up with Neal and Kelly and watched the fountain show at the Bellagio Hotel. We ate at Chipotle for lunch and headed to our hotel for some R&R by the pool. Around 5:30 we dropped the kids off at a friend of Cory’s cousin’s house (a BIG thanks to Sadie for setting that up for us), in Vegas, and their 13 year old daughter watched our kids while we went to the Blue Man Group, which was just okay (despite that I heard rave reviews about it), and then to dinner at the Café Lux... yum! It was soooo fun just laughing and talking all day with our friends. And it was so refreshing to pick up on our friendship where we left off last year as if no time had passed since the last time we got together on a Sunday night. They are so much fun and we just love them and miss them so much! Things we want to remember:
Day 7 (Saturday)
Today we got up and ready and took the kids down to the strip to the M&M store and Cory wanted to visit the Coca Cola store. It was really hot and the kids complained a ton as we walked a 1/2 mile up the strip from where we were parked. I felt like I was doing a dance trying to shield my sweet innocent children from filth (won't be taking them ever again) but when we got to the M&M store they enjoyed picking 3 colors of M&M’s from the rainbow wall; which was pretty cool.
Shortly after we met up with Neal and Kelly and watched the fountain show at the Bellagio Hotel. We ate at Chipotle for lunch and headed to our hotel for some R&R by the pool. Around 5:30 we dropped the kids off at a friend of Cory’s cousin’s house (a BIG thanks to Sadie for setting that up for us), in Vegas, and their 13 year old daughter watched our kids while we went to the Blue Man Group, which was just okay (despite that I heard rave reviews about it), and then to dinner at the Café Lux... yum! It was soooo fun just laughing and talking all day with our friends. And it was so refreshing to pick up on our friendship where we left off last year as if no time had passed since the last time we got together on a Sunday night. They are so much fun and we just love them and miss them so much! Things we want to remember:
At the M&M store Ethan picking Boise State colors, Briggs Philedelphia Eagle colors and Brooklyn pink and green
Brooklyn getting scared on the escalator
The boys using a hand held fan at the M&M store because they were sooooo hot
Complaining… complaining… and more complaining
Trying to shield my kids from inappropriate signs… The strip is not a place for kids
Walking around with red candy stuck to my bum at Chipotle (That’s what I get for sitting on the backseat of the car between the boys’ chairs)
Laughing, talking and laughing some more!
Brooklyn jumping off the side of the pool, by herself, over and over with her noodle tied around her
Sterling falling asleep under the palm trees
Talk of when we are going to get our two families together this year
Reminiscing about our Murder mystery dinner, Halloween adult party, and ugly sweater party with our friends in Ohio. Good times!
Kelly and Neal bringing us Buckeye candy and wondering where their Idaho potatoes were ;-)
Cory and Neal trying to get reactions out of me… which they easily got
The kids having fun at the babysitters house
A nice day!
A nice day!
| A flower painting; I loved this! (Bellagio Hotel) |
| Cory and Sterling with our friends Neal and Kelly |
| Kelly loving little Sterling |
| Poolside snacking |
| Love-birds ;-) |
| Note the awesome farmers tan I'm sporting... that's for real ;-) Love that girl!! |
| Tired boy |
| Awesome friends |
| At Blue Man group |
It was truly a great time hanging out with Neal and Kelly, though we missed seeing their kiddos. I loved all the cool designs and architecture of the strip (though I still think it is a sleezy place) but I can appreciate its uniqueness and creativity and the alive atmosphere. I did not like all the smoke in all the buildings or seeing so many women in miniskirts and high heels and the sleazy men and women passing out “the cards,” but I hear they have some great shows there ;-). Next time we’ll do Circ de Sole and I think Garth Brooks would be fun (yes, I love country… and other music too).
Day 8 (Sunday): The Drive home:
This morning we left Vegas shortly after 9 and boy were Cory and I just tired. We traded off driving a bit and we both were kind of sleepy. We were about resolved to stop in Orem and stay with my Dad’s cousin Mike and his family (which they were more than welcoming) but when we got closer I think we got our second wind and just wanted to sleep in our own beds tonight so we pressed on. We did stop in Salt Lake and spent about an hour and a half with Nathan at the hospital. The kids ran up and down the halls about a 100 times. Then we headed home. Things to remember:
Nathan getting the kids grape juice, cheese, cheetos, ice cream, and Oreos. Boy are we ready for some serious healthy eating when we get home. Cory said that he hasn’t craved a protein drink like this in a long time; me too.
Brooklyn putting ice cream on her spoon and putting the said ice cream between her toes and then proceeding to lick her toes. True story.
The kids playing hide-and-go-seek in the hospital with Sawyer (Nathan and Sadie’s oldest son)
Realizing how hard life is right now for our friends and counting our blessings… we really have nothing to complain about… really.
Getting Little Caesar’s Pizza (not that great) and breadsticks (better) and eating it on the Wendy’s grass… have I mentioned I’m done with yucky food!!! So done!!!
Lots of yawning (from Cory and me)
Ethan asking Briggs in the back seat how much he loved him
The kids watching Tangled for the third time in three days
Brooklyn singing in the back seat or talking most of the trip… seriously I don’t know where she gets the energy to talk for so long
Listening to the boys laughing and playing in the back seat
Sterling spitting up most of his rice cereal I fed him in the car
Brooklyn napping with her Tinkerbell cat
Reading Letters for Emily (a great book so far)
Cory multi-tasking while he drives… drives me crazy!
Beautiful Idaho sunset
Brooklyn saying she needs to go poop for the 5th time today (and only one time actually going)
Writing this in the car on the lap-top
Anxious to get home, sleeping kids in the back
Overall the trip has been very eventful, fun, relaxing, stressful at times, and very tiring, but worth all the great memories. However… we won’t be making this trip for a looooong time again! Not until our youngest is quite older. And… I think we need a serious vacation from our vacation. That’s for real!


No comments:
Post a Comment