Swimming, Downtown Disney, Cheesecake Factory, Huntington Beach and a late drive to Vegas
| What a great daddy... and very loved by his kids! |
Today was our day of relaxation. I don’t know how people do more than one day at Disney, especially with little kiddos. We were wiped out from our day and were looking forward to not rushing to be anywhere. Just taking the day as it came. After we had breakfast we headed out to do a little swimming. I didn’t swim, but dutifully watched Brooklyn while Ethan and Briggs were swimming with Daddy. Things to remember:
Brooklyn singing at the top of her lungs I’m a child of God complete with hand motions and splashing water (see pictures below). It was so funny! It lasted about 20 minutes... really!
Me slipping in the kiddie pool (18 inches), fully clothes, to rescue Brooklyn. Cory remarked, when I came back soaking wet that he wished he’d had seen it. I was pretty graceful ;-)
Briggs calling his goggles "woggle goggles"
My incredibly awful farmers tan (sunburn on my arms and white everywhere else; it is quite the sight)
Briggs swimming by himself the short length of the pool; much improved
Hanging out in the hot tub
Swimming
| A sleepy boy |
| Brooklyn touching the bottom of the kiddie pool with her hands |
| Woggle goggles |
| The singing performance... |
| ...complete with splashing for visual effect |
| Lego Land; downtown Disney Briggs' photo Briggs' photo Briggs' photo Briggs' photo |
![]() |
| Daddy dressing Tinkerbell; what a great daddy!! |
| Brooklyn's Tinkerbell (that's what she named her) |
Beach |
After lunch we headed down to Huntington Beach to let the kids experience the beach for the first time! It was an experience for sure. It was a bit chilly; low 60’s with some wind. Cory's said the water was warm in once you got in... I just didn't test his theory, and I think he was trying to trick me ;) I wasn’t even sure I was going to get into the good-ol-bathing suit, but after Cory’s comment on me not “living” life and realizing I really didn’t want sand in all my clothes, I relented. Some things to remember:Brooklyn screaming as her feet touched the sand and screaming the entire way to our destination
Cory attempting to body board; it was entertaining to say the least!
Cory getting called out by the lifeguard, “hey, body boarder with the white board, you need to stay closer to shore, there's a strong rip-tide.” Oh, how we laughed!
Cory remembering that body boarding used to be a lot easier when he was younger ;-)
Cory putting Briggs on the body board (probably not the best idea) and Briggs getting slammed and rolled over by the waves the first time
Briggs a sad boy with salt water and sand in his mouth
Cold kids
Ethan loved watching the waves; he'd go down by waves and run away as they crashed on shore
Sterling lying on a towel and every time he put his hand down (touching the sand) and pulling it back up again he’d flick sand on his face. I didn’t notice for a bit and he was just so sweet, laying there quietly with his eyes closed and sand on his face
The kids finding lots of seashells
Brooklyn having me fill up her bucket with water and then she’d fill it up with sand
Rinsing off in the outdoor showers
Briggs discovering that sand in your sandals doesn’t feel good on your feet
Eating Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches at the Philly Grille; a hole-in-the-wall place that Cory and his friends used to eat at years ago. All I can say is we love a good Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich and this one was YUMMY!
![]() |
| This boy loved the watching and running from the waves |
![]() |
| Goofy is all I have to say; always making us smile |
![]() |
| A little blown out but here is what Sterling did at the beach; he was asleep for a good part of it |
![]() |
| Love this picture! |
![]() |
| Briggs was Daddy's little shadow |
![]() |
| Briggs is mad here because he swallowed salty sea water and sand... I guess I'd be a bit bummed too! |
After the beach we took the kids to Walmart to pick out a Disney movie, and Brooklyn perfected her tantrum, taking it to a whole new level. We decided on the movie Tangled. About 7:30 we took off for Vegas, a 4 hour drive. We enjoyed our turtle cheesecake along the way when the kids were asleep. I was sooo tired but I kept Cory company for the entire drive. We had a good time laughing after the kids went to bed. I think I’m pretty funny sometimes and I think Cory thinks I am too (even though he won’t admit it ;-)
It was a good day.












2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your family trip with us. It looks like you guys had a blast & made some awesome memories :)
I can just hear you laughing, Lisa (and see you spazzing in the kiddie pool)! You and Cory are so good together. I know I didn't get to see too much while you were here in Ohio, but the few times we did I could immediately see how the two of you were meant to be. :)
Post a Comment