Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day and more...

This past Monday for Memorial Day we headed down to Pocatello to do a little batting in the indoor batting cages.  We'll I didn't, but Briggs and Cory did along with my sis-in-law Mindy and her kids, my niece Drewe and my in-laws.  It was a perfect activity away from the endless wind and rain.


Briggs in orange and Cory behind.  My niece Drewe batting in in cage after Briggs.
The little kids got to play in any empty cage and they had fun throwing baseballs and running after them.  Sterling enjoyed a little tummy time!
Silly kiddos.  They play so well together.
My Derling Sterling!  So sweet!
When the kids got kicked out of a cage they ended up here in the alleyway; they didn't mind.  I actually think they liked it better because the balls bounced.

Love this!
Sterling doing the arch.  He's starting to get mad!
Just chillin'
My niece Drewe through all the chain-link
Two peas in a pod.  Briggs with cousin Ronin.  Ronin got hit with the ball from the pitching machine and so after Briggs was done hitting he played catch with Ronin for the remainder of the time.  Good buddies!
Grandma Hansen with Drewe
Grandpa manned the pitching machines.
This week in pics...

Briggs helping me with my project
Sanding...
Look who's 2... almost 3!

She is obsessed with talking about her upcoming birthday and always asks me when it is.
She is so funny!
This is Brooklyn and her pretend birthday.  I spend all morning cleaning and walked into this party in my kitchen.  What's a mama to do... get the camera out and keep her talking ;-)  Not hard to do by the way ;-)
She even made her own cake out of play-dough; complete with frosting and candles.
See the cake by the fork ;-)  All these items are attending her birthday!
She is funny.  If I get a little snippy with her she usually replies with a "but I like you mom... I always like you" or "I just want to be nice to you."  It always makes me smile!  Boy our kids teach us so much!
Ethan made a awesome hot dog out of play-dough.  He informed me the other day that when he's 30 that he'll play Star Wars Legos on the Wii!  I don't doubt that he will.  On Monday we were at one of Cory's appointments in Poci before the batting cages and we were waiting in the car in his clients driveway and out of the blue Ethan asks, "are we facing west... or northwest?"  Briggs paused and then said, "we're facing a trailer Ethan."  It made me laugh.
Ethan eating his hotdog...

2 comments:

Jorden and Jessica said...

I lived it Pocatello for over a year and a half and I never knew they had an indoor batting cage! Looks like fun! Your kids are so cute!

Scott and Lindsay said...

Love all the pics. What a cute family! (yay! I can post again!...it's working!)