![]() |
| The boys hugging the MASSIVE Mickey Mouse. Boy did we come to the right house to get pumped up for Disneyland |
Day 1-Sunday June 5th: Travel to Utah en-route to California
(Each day I took the time to journal our day so I wouldn't forget)
First we headed off to visit our friends in Salt Lake. Things to remember of the car ride:
"Are we there yet?" (about 39 times within the first 2 hours)
"I'm hungry" (within 10 minutes of leaving the house)
We were so grateful to be able to spend some time at Primary Children's with Nathan and Sadie and their little boy Graham. Things to remember about our visit with them:
The boys out of control while waiting in the waiting room
Counting stars on the floor (over and over)
Nathan taking Brooklyn downstairs to get ice cream for her and the boys; they were in heaven
The kids having lift contests to see how long they could hold their sibling younger than them
Making Graham smile with his soft fuzzy bunny... I loved that!
Running into Cory's old girlfriend (first post-mission); not as awkward as I thought
Talking to Sadie with no kiddos pulling on my legs
Realizing just how amazing these guys are and being in awe of what they sacrifice every day; it sure makes my problems seem quite minimal
Doing a lot of reflecting on how the experiences in our lives help us learn and grow and realizing that our Savior can take all pain and sorrow and suffering from us if we let him; he's already paid the price. What a priceless gift!
Going to Nathan and Sadie's and the kids playing out back... and enjoying the beautiful weather with a little food ;-)
And just being grateful for good friends in our life.
Remembering why we are still constantly praying for their sweet little guy!
Please help us do the same; they say they can really feel those prayers.
After we left Salt Lake we headed down to Orem to hang out with my Dad's cousin Mike and his family for the evening. We stayed the night with them; they are always so fun. Things we want to remember:
Having a BBQ and enjoying the beautiful weather
Talking "Disneyland" with Dottie; she's a veteran!
Getting to know Robbie's wife Katie (what a sweetie!)
Watching Grant play football, wrestle with the boys, and push Brooklyn on the swing; pretty much all at the same time; they were loving him!
Ethan getting into and out of the tiny baby swing; the one I could barely get Brooklyn out of
Talking about the cabin and Mikes memories of my Dad; he shared some cool stories
Playing Scum and trying to de-throne Grant most of the game (which I was able to do twice ;-)
Cory offering my warm milk for cereal in the morning; just in case they ran out ;-)
Lots and lots of laughing
The kids playing with the awesome Buzz Light-Year before bed and sleeping with Monsters Inc. stuffed animals
The kids getting their second ice cream cones for the day
Getting up bright and early at 6 to head off to San Diego
Briggs playing with said Buzz Light-year and spilling orange juice all over their floor and onto my feet
Cory spilling cereal on Briggs
Lots of hugs and talk of them coming up to the cabin for the 4th; I think we got them on board!
It was a full and good day!
| Robbie, Katie, and Sterling (and me ;-) |
| I love Dottie... actually we all love Dottie. I love this picture! |
| Cory is so proud of his "cheesy" smile! Goofy is all I have to say |
| Like little birdies waiting for the worm... or ice cream ;-) |
![]() |
| One happy girl |
| Sterling boy |
| Mike |
| Good night and good ice cream! |




1 comment:
Sooo fun to travel with a herd of kids :P. I bet your children had lots of memory-producing fun!
Post a Comment