Sea World day. I feel really cynical right now and have a headache. I'd be lying if I said that today was a great day and the kids were totally on their "A-game." In fact the kids were less than stellar most of the morning; it was actually downright dreadful at times between the whining, ingratitude, fighting, not listening etc etc. Cory and I were about to just about to call it quits by noon. It was a bit disappointing... I'm not going to lie. The thought of going to Disneyland tomorrow seems quite dreadful to me at the current moment. I may feel differently after a good nights rest. Actually today wasn't all bad, here were some highlights... and maybe a few lowlights of the day as well:
Getting to touch the dolphins and the dolphin show
Watching all the great shows especially the pre-show of the sea lions. It was so funny; my kind of humor!!
Petting a kangaroo and seeing a porcupine up close
Petting a kangaroo and seeing a porcupine up close
Ethan chasing birds and tripping on the curbing at least 2 times and falling up the stairs once
Brooklyn asleep in the stroller with her mouth hanging wide open
Getting splashed by the killer whales (Briggs got the worst of hit); after all we did sit in the soak zone
Sterling crying after getting a little wet; he was in his car seat with a blanket covering
Going on the water ride and the boys getting soaked
Sterling's 2 blowouts; one happened to be while sitting on my lap
Briggs thinking Shamo's name was "Shampoo"
Eating authentic pizza for dinner at an italian pizzeria; reminded me of my trip to Italy
Tail-gating our lunch in the parkinglot with pb&j's, soda, and doritos
Briggs spilling the said soda
Leaving Cory's Flipz in the warm car
The beautiful sunset as we drove from SanDiego to Anaheim
Seeing the GOREOUS San Diego temple and wanting to stop; but I thought that my two screaming kids in the back seat would distract from the beauty.
Doing two loads of laundry and washing the car seat cover when we got to our hotel
Sitting down for a few minutes and ready to hit the hay knowing I still have to wait for my laundry to dry
Lets hope tomorrow goes a little better than today. Let's hope that I can check my expectaions at the door and just take my kids in stride (and I thought I started the the day so well too). Let's hope my attitude is better in about 8 hours. Lets hope I can enjoy the experience a bit more tomorrow.
![]() |
| The kids petting the baby kangaroo |
| The Dolphin show |
| Brothers |
![]() |
| Cory petting the dolphin |
| The dolphin sprayed water at Cory out of his mouth; Cory thinks he was telling him his arm shouldn't be over the glass (which it really wasn't supposed to be) |
| Sea Lion show... tired kids |
| The MC was hilarious in his medley of songs and acting... so funny! |
| Here he is doing his Greece moves |
| I think the Sea Lion show is always my favorite |
| Sterling hanging out in his car seat |
![]() |
| Look at that stance... too cute! |
| Not happy after getting a bit wet |
| Briggs soaked |
| The Whale coming back for round 2 |
| Loved these |
| Before the ride |

| Too cute! Look how happy they all look... wet and all |
| Blurry pic but me with kids before our ride down |
![]() |
| A cool tree |
| Enjoying the animal show These pictures below are taken from Briggs on my point and shoot camera. He was pretty excited to be using it and I think he got some fun shots. |







2 comments:
It's great you recorded the not-so-great moments...it's TOTALLY part of a REAL family vacation and will make it that much more memorable. :)
Sorry to hear about the blow-out...especially with one of them happening on your lap, but I had to chuckle a little bit. (*wink*)
I hope day 4 is better.
I had to laugh at this post. Let's face it--sometimes a vacation with kids is a lot of work and hardly any vacation. I love the "Shampoo" name change for Shamu. I'm guessing that Disneyland was a happier day...
Post a Comment