Monday, May 2, 2011

April Montana Trip

I have been meaning to post some photos from our trip to Montana last month. I can't remember why we went now... wow, is that post-pregnancy brain or what?!?! I think we just went for fun ;-) Anyhow, it was nice to visit with family. Here are some pictures from our time there.

We arrived, the first day, just in time for dinner with my extended family in Celebration of my Grandpa Jones' 85th birthday! It was great to see everyone!

(Next 3 pictures courtesy of my Aunt Chris... hope you don't mind ;-)

I love this photo taken in 1958. Isn't my Grandmother gorgeous! My Dad is the one on my Grandpa's lap! Love it!

My cousin's daughter Hailey holding Sterling!

Grandma, Grandpa (blowing out his candles), my cousin Laighton with his son Trevin

Whilst visiting Hobby Lobby (which I love love) I found these great dinosaur excavating kits and Briggs LOVED it! I wasn't sure if he would get bored and throw in the towel but he surprised me and he took it seriously and carefully spent 2 days digging out his T-Rex.

Cousin James. I guess I missed the "wear green" memo. I noticed that ALL of the kids wore green shirts today; you'd think it was St. Patty's day! They're all pretty cute with their bed head!

Brooklyn helping me make a special desert for my Mom's birthday

My wonderful Mother!

My handsome little guy!


Getting ready to go on a bike ride with Grandpa and Daddy!



This little boy LOVES motorcycles. His face says it all!


Hold tight!


I didn't get any of Briggs on the bike but here he is with his goofy face

With his cousin

Lynn, Jacque's mom holding Sterling. What a sweet picture!

I tried to mimic the desert that Cory and I had at this restaurant in Jackson and it actually turned out pretty close; not perfectly pretty but it is a keeper of a recipe and was a big hit!

The finished product... yum!

One day we went to my brother's house and took the boys riding on James' little motorcycle. Here Cory is just "testing" the bike... uh hu ;-) he did a lot of that! I think he is a little boy at heart in a grown man's body! But he sure is cute!


Cory taking Briggs for a ride after Briggs did this below on his own...

So sorry Spencer and Jacque about your fence. Briggs was doing so well and then accidently gunned it and freaked out and went almost all the way through the fence. But like good parents that we are ;-) we made him get back on the bike when he didn't want to! Briggs will be available to help fix your fence this summer ;-)

Cory and Briggs

Totally up this little guy's alley

Briggs chased them the entire length of the alley-way. It was long too!


They were cruising ;-)

How could I resist taking this picture! My nephew James wearing his Mario costume that his mom made him for Halloween last year. She says she can't wait until he grows out of it... I think that may have already happened ;-) I love it!

Brooklyn cracked us up. It was the first time that we saw Spencer and Jacque's home and she liked James' room. It was nap time when we stopped by and she decided to take a nap on James bed while she listened to lullaby's... so sweet. Cory took her for a little ride before we left. I think she liked it even though she wasn't quite awake.

Goofy Ethan! That boy seriously cracks me up sometimes! Here is is being silly with James.

Just a cute little picture of Sterling (2 months) at my brother's home.
Oh... I love this little boy! His smile literally melts my heart!

At my parents home. My sister-in-law Jacque with Brooklyn, James, and Sterling

Playing pool. Ethan and my nephew Baer.

Ethan driving his cars on the pool table

It's great when we're at Grandpa and Grandma's because the kids LOVE when they put them to bed because they always get about a 1/2 hour of great story telling. I love these pictures I took of my Dad telling the kids stories. My Dad is a great story teller and that is one of my fondest memories as a child! Love my Dad!

Until next time!

Posted more pictures from Easter weekend here

4 comments:

chrisjones said...

I love that old first picture, too! I have a few more of those old pictures I'm planning on posting in the next several months--feel free to borrow away!

Jorden and Jessica said...

I LOVE this post! Such cute pictures (as always)! I love when your Dad told stories to us at the cabin. Those are some of my best memories, I'm glad it's continuing. I will have to get that dessert recipe from you! They look delicious!

Sadie said...

I love Briggs' hair! So cute!

La Candáche said...

I vote we have Dad tell us stories at the reunion! I miss those!