Friday, May 13, 2011

Briggs' is so funny...

About a week ago Cory was playing basketball in our driveway with some of his young men. The boys and I were watching them. While they were playing Briggs had one of those brushes that attach to a dustpan that you sweep up with and he was sweeping the driveway by the hoop for about 10 minutes.

Later that night, on the way to my in-laws, Briggs pipes up from the back seat:

Br: "Mom... Dad... do you know why I was sweeping up under the hoop?"
Cory: "No, but we noticed you doing that and that was really thoughtful; it didn't go unnoticed"
(me whispering to Cory: "was the driveway dirty there?" "no")
Br: "... you know how on basketball games, when they sweep under the hoop so it's all clean?"
Cory: "yes"
Br: "That's what I was doing."

Talk about melting my heart; how cute is that. That little boy is so observant! I guess that's both good and scary ;-)

And just because he says the cutest things, the other day I was watching some news with the President and Briggs came up and asked me why some people don't like "Arak-Obama?" it was so cute! I didn't feel the need to correct him until he said the president's name about 12 times as he told me all about what he'd heard about the President! Oh... I was loving it!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Keep them coming Briggs. That is one of the fun things I get to enjoy when I read the blog books that your Mom gives me. I LOVE it!!!