Thursday, May 5, 2011

Yellow...

Okay... I'm just loving yellow right now; and it's especially cute on Brooklyn! Perhaps it is because we don't know have enough of it outside yet; though I did just have 2 yellow flowers decide to grace my garden and they weren't dandelions ;-)

Below, Sterling is doing tummy time (which I get to every few days). Usually he is not a fan of it, but I think he had some good entertainment in Brooklyn so it lasted for three minutes instead of his normal one minute ;-) before he started to cry.





I think we are about ready to get our garden plot up and going in the next few weeks... yea!!!! I decided to do some starter plants with the kids like peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, basil and cabbage. I have no idea what will do well in our garden but it isn't going to be for a lack of effort on our part. I have plans for a lot of other veggies too.


Briggs wrote our little markers for our plants and he did a great job!



Before we started planting Brooklyn was enjoying putting sticks in the soil. There were about 2 times the above amount when we were ready to start planting. She was really proud of her work!



Ethan and Brooklyn opening the little starters



Finishing up planting.


It has been 5 days already and I see some cucumbers, peppers and some tomatoes emerging! I am so excited!

I took these pictures the other day.  The kids were being so cute with Sterling!  Boy he is yummy!







A simple hug...


... most definitely always ends in wrestling... 



... faces aren't off limits either...
... and then crying...
... comes with the territory I guess... 



2 comments:

mmm... said...

Love that first one of Brooklyn and Sterling. So cute! He is such a handsome boy! And Brooklyn looks so cute in yellow! Also, love the garden prep. Seems like the perfect thing to do with the kids.

Summer said...

Those are so cute- and funny! I love Sterling's face while Briggs is loving on him- looks like he's worried he's TOO yummy, haha.