I started our family blog back in October of 2007 and have enjoyed the journal/photographic journey it's allowed me to make. I used to love scrapbooking but the mess is not feasible with kids, or the time, money for supplies, the inconvenience of printing off all the pictures I want to use (for me it an inconvenience), and it takes me forever to do one page... so making a book on the computer works really well for me. This is my third and favorite (and thickest) book so far!
I also like to include extras from the year like my kids artwork from the school year or special notes they get from people and of course monthly milestones or funny things they say or do (that I don't always include in my blog). After I download my blog into the book-making-software, I work on it for months until it is just how I like it (because I'm kind of manic like that) and then print off a copy for each one of our kids to have when they leave our home one day (a really loooonng time from now ;-). I hope they will treasure the book as much as we already do.


5 comments:
Looks so good! Seeing it in a finished form has given me a renewed desire to get mine finished too. Great job, Lisa! It's such a great way to keep a family history. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!
good job! where do you usually get yours printed...? and the cost?
I love your books. I also love to do books. But I haven't done a blog to book yet. Which program do you use? I was thinking blurb?. . .
Oh my goodness!!!! I LOVE what you are doing...You should try digital scrap booking....A LOT easier with kids around...cheaper, and you can make one page and print it off as many times as you want :) You should look it up. :)
I love these Lisa! I also don't have time to scrapbook like I used to. What website do you use?
Post a Comment