Monday, March 21, 2011

The Long Awaited Dessert!

Some of you may recall that for our recent anniversary back in November we spent the day in Jackson. Cory had been wanting to go there since we've moved back, particularly he wanted to go to the Snake River Grill. One of it's signature desserts was featured on the Food Network's "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" and he knew that I would love it!

However, that day back in November, was actually the very month, the ONLY month of the year, that the Snake River Grill closes right before ski season starts. Needless-to-say, we weren't able to go and we were a bit bummed. But....we've had the good fortune of having my mom here for the last several days and she offered to watch the kids while we made our journey back to try out this long sought after dessert. We can now officially, whole heartedly, endorse in all it's glory and it did not disappoint! In fact after we ordered one of these deserts and completely devoured it, we ordered another (they really weren't that big anyway ;)

Now I just need to figure out how to make this decadent desert. I think I'll get on it right away while the flavor is fresh on my mind :-)

If any of you ever get a chance, and you happen to be in Jackson, skip the meal (it wasn't that great anyway) and go straight to desert; it's an experience worth repeating! To get a better idea of what I'm referring to....here is the segment in the TV program I mentioned above....enjoy!

1 comment:

mmm... said...

Amazing! We will now be taking a trip to Wyoming. :)