Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mom visit....

This past week and a half we've been so lucky to have my mom here, and we still get her for a few more days. She has been having LOTS of fun telling the boys bedtime stories (requested, by them, to be made up out of her head ;-) and there have been some interesting stories that I am sure the boys will not forget any time soon. They especially love the ones about her childhood. We've also played lots of games (Ticket to Ride, Rummikub, Settlers and Dizzios) and put together a few puzzles....

....here in lies the puzzle from hell. I cannot believe it was a disney puzzle (500 mini pieces of watercolor craziness). Way to go Mom for finishing it! I think I contributed a total of 25 pieces and the rest was all her!

We've also done some shopping, working out, cleaning, visited the Cocoa Bean for some gourmet cupcakes (the new craze here). We've had some great conversations and eaten some yummy food, not to mention that Cory and I have been able to steel away a few times for the cannery, and a little trip to Jackson and tomorrow we get to go to the temple; it's been nice.

Last weekend my sister and her family came to stay with us and hang out. After some time they wondered where Ashlyn was. Crystal walked into the bathroom to this.....

....she quickly snapped a picture of her before she took her out. I on the other hand think I'll keep Ashlyn to clean my sinks and mirrors; I bet she'd do a great job! Too cute! I have one of Briggs doing the same thing when he was 2, when we lived in Kansas City. I love the imagination and simple pleasures!

Also, this past weekend Sterling started smiling a lot! He is such a sweet heart! I am usually too busy cooing at him that I don't have any pictures yet, but it sure is cute! He also LOVES the bath and is still completely adored by his brothers and sister! We are blessing him this weekend so we look forward to seeing lots of family and friends. Lets just hope his blessing outfit (the one that Cory was blessed in as a baby) will still fit him, he is growing so fast and it was pretty snug this past weekend when I tried it on him.

One of his first "bath-tub" baths

Until next time....

I'm back. Here are some pictures that I got of him this afternoon of him smiling....

straight faced

little grin, love those bright eyes!


Full smile. Love it!
Brooklyn is trying to take a picture of him smiling.
Can you see how the camera is actually facing her. So funny!

5 comments:

mmm... said...

That smile is to die for. Brooklyn is so funny with her camera.

Jorden and Jessica said...

Sterling is so cute! He really has grown. I laughed out loud with the last picture of Brooklyn taking a picture of herself! Hilarious! We would so come to Sterling's blessing but Jorden's brother is getting home from his mission today and is speaking on Sunday. You'll be in our thoughts!!

Summer said...

Ha- cute Brooklyn! Mia keeps getting in on my little photo sessions, too. Can't blame them, it's so fun!

Sterling's smile is so sweet- even the little ones. What a cutie!

Laura said...

He is so beautiful!!!

La Candáche said...

One of thoes pictures looks just like one you have of Briggs!! But then he looks just like Ethan in the next one...crazy! I also laughed out loud on the last picture...Oh, Brooklyn! :)