Today was a beautiful day; in the 50's I'm told. After church I took the kids on a walk. The past two days have been a whirlwind so it was nice to be outside, feel the sunshine on my skin and get some much needed fresh air!
The kids have been loving the outdoors. Yesterday I think we had 3 different neighbor families over shooting hoops, jumping on the trampoline, doing sidewalk chalk, riding scooters and bikes! So fun! So when I had the boys come in for chores after lunch you would have thought I broke out the whip by all the whinning I got. I obviously did things in the reverse order. We should have worked before we played but it was a crazy day so it was what it was.

Brooklyn fell asleep on the walk....seriously so cute!
She's been playing hard too. Check out her dirty jeans!

I tried to bring her in to finish her nap and she woke up. Too bad. But I did notice her socks. One white inside out, one pink with the heel on top of her foot; so sweet. She has been dressing herself and often comes out with her shirts on backwards, shoes on the wrong feet, buttons catty-wampus (that is a word ;-). It always makes me smile. She also changes outfits several times a day; I think we're in trouble!


Briggs is a basketball fool!
He's been outside everyday since it's been warm enough; the 30's is warm enough for him as long as there is no snow. You can see how warn his ball is. Yesterday he finished his YMCA basketball and won the award for best lay-ups. He has been working hard.

He loved this picture especially because he made the shot!
Ethan is scooter crazy! He is so fast and proficient! Also, a bit goofy!
I was inside walking past the front door when I heard some scratching sounds. I opened the door to see Ethan playing cars....complete with authentic car sounds! He is one creative child.
Tonight we had Cory's Mom over for dinner (his Dad was unfortunately sick). We enjoyed yummy food, good conversation and a little basketball in the front driveway.
I love this picture of Cory with his Mom!
Daddy adjusting Brooklyn's jacket.
It was a good day!


2 comments:
So fun! It is so nice that it is finally warm enough to play outside! I get a kick out of Brooklyn's outfits! I think it's a sign that you're in serious trouble in about 10 years.
Lisa - just tell Brooklyn she is in the height of fashion. The teenagers no longer match their socks, at least here. They go to school with mismatch socks and it's completely acceptable.
Post a Comment