For the past few days I've been savoring, even more than I have, my little boy. As I hold him I thank my Heavenly Father for my healthy children, but I can't help but wonder what is going to be the HUGE trial we are going to be faced with; something that will truly test us. I'm not asking to be tested, don't get me wrong, but it just doesn't seem fair sometimes that some people have such painful things to go through (loosing a child being one of the hardest). I know 7 women who have lost their babies or a child, many of those their firsts....I just can't imagine. I realize, more than ever how precious life is. We have to love and enjoy those around us every day because we all have our time. No regrets.
The knowledge that the gospel gives me brings me much peace. I know that they will have their little boy again one day. I also know that in the midst of trials come great blessings and tender mercies from the Lord; this case was no exception. It's just had me thinking a lot the past few days. So go and hug your little ones and those you love. Life is really too short.
I just read this quote today, by Orson F. Whitney:
No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God... and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire.


3 comments:
I don't even know who this is, but my heart breaks for them. This is a tender subject for me, and I hope Heavenly Father will bless them with peace, strength, courage and eventually another little spirit.
I wanted to comment on your thought about how you are wondering what your big trial in life will be. I think you've already had several "big" trials, and while some of them may not appear to you to be so devastating as other people's trials...it was still very difficult for you while you had them, and in the end we are not judged on the type of trial we face, but how we endure and cope with them...and how we learn from them.
I've always admired your strong faith and strong will and courage to face some of the harder things in life. I think regardless of what you have faced or what you will face - you have and always will be prepared for it, because you are doing the things you are supposed to be doing. :)
This breaks my heart. How true, appreciate every moment. Thanks for your thoughts.
What a sad thing...I too wonder, "why am I so fortunate and others have to endure such grief?"
Post a Comment