....with 80 lbs of chicken?!?! Yes....80 lbs! On Saturday I picked up my Zaycon order of chicken and went home all geared up to try my hand at canning chicken. It took a long time but I am really surprised at how easy it all went down. I ended up with 31 pints, 11 quarts and several frozen chicken breasts. It was a lot of chicken but I'm hoping that a little time spent in the kitchen yesterday and today will be a big time saver for me in the future. Cory said they look like the formaldehyde jars you see in high school science class; I totally agree. But I am most certain that it tastes better than it looks! We grilled up a few chicken breasts on the BBQ today and they were so juicy and tender! Totally worth it!

While I was up canning another batch late last night I tried to wake this little one to nurse; he was just plain tuckered out and wasn't having it. I tried to wake him for over a 1/2 hour. So instead I got my camera and took pictures of his cute sleeping face and little dimples in his hands. I love being a mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment