
This morning Brooklyn came out of her room all dressed by herself. She is pretty dang cute even if she is a little backwards sometimes!!
That can't be comfortable, but she thinks it is great and felt no inclination to take them off and change them. Silly girl!
And for good measure here are a few pictures of our derling Sterling (like I like to call him). He is sure kissable!
On Wednesday, when Cory headed out of town, I changed into my grubbies and got down and dirty scrubbing bathrooms, kitchens, laundry, vacuuming (with the kids help of course). In the middle of all that Ethan had fallen asleep because he wasn't feeling well, and Brooklyn and Sterling were out too so it left Briggs and I to work and talk. As we were cleaning in the kitchen we had a good conversation about boys and girls. He was telling me about all this little girl in his class named Michaela. He said that he'll look away and when he looks back she is just staring at his face and he doesn't like it. He wanted to know why she did that? I had to chuckle. This is the same girl that came up to me one day while I was helping out in their class and she said, "Briggs is my boyfriend, I'm going to marry him;" she is a pretty brave girl if you ask me!
It is so funny how girls are. I told Briggs that it is just a "girl" thing and believe it or not his little sister will probably do the same thing when she gets to school. He laughed and asked if I did that when I was in school. I told him that I did. He then asked me about all the boys I had liked while I was in school; I spared him the bulk of them and just told him of a few. He found the whole conversation pretty amusing. My little boy is sure growing up! I'm sure we'll have many more convo's like this in the future.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
This week I overheard Ethan tell Brooklyn, "Dinosaurs died a long time ago....like Jesus."
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
And...I think I put my finger on Brooklyn's "diva-ness." The other day Briggs had put High School Musical on for her (I think I've mentioned how much my kids LOVE that movie) and I walked in and Sharpay was on the screen and it dawned on me instantly; Brooklyn learned to walk sassy because she watched Sharpay on TV. I think I just won Mother-of-the-year award so watch out folks. Brooklyn is now banned from High School Musical until she is older.


6 comments:
I'm in my grubbies today and the kiddos and I have been busy! It's no fun but love the results. I think you are ok on the mom of the year award. Karter starting kicking things all the time out of no were one day and I finally figured out that he had learned it from Sid the Science Kid. Thanks Sid!
I can remember a few of those boys you liked too. ;) I would have liked to have been a fly on your wall for that cute conversation with Briggs!
LOVE the pictures of Brooklyn. She even has a belt on!
Have you heard of the Fresh Beat Band? I bet she would like that show if she likes High School Musical, but it's more geared for younger kids instead of high school kids. :D I think it's on Nick Jr. Gabriel LOVES them!
When Gabriela started preschool at Erica's I asked her what she wanted to be called, meaning gabi or Gabriela. Without skipping a beat she said Sharpay! I love sassy girls!!!!
Okay Lees, I remember you as a little kid and your crushes... if Brooklynn's like you, tell Brigg's to watch out! Haha! What cute kids! I love kissing babies cheeks!
Oh my goodness! You are such a good blogger! I caught up on a lot of your posts, and Sterling is such a beautiful little boy! No wonder the kids kiss him all day! He is too cute! He fits perfectly with the rest of the family.
Your conversation with Briggs is hilarious :) You're such a good photographer, and I love that Brooklyn loves HSM, little Sharpay Jr :)
Oh Lisa, I haven't been on for awhile, so I'm playing catch up. First of all Sterling is adorable! But I can't get over Brooklyn! She is so grown up! I love the photos of her all dressed up! It cracks me up how much a girl she is (despite all her big brother influences :). The swinging of hips is hilarious!
Post a Comment