My kids make me smile every day. I love the things they say and do... most of the time ;-) I love seeing how they grow and develop. Here is Briggs' drawing from a book he made at school called "All about me."
He told me that his teacher showed him a new way to draw people with "thickness." Previously he just drew stick legs coming from the head and arms coming off the legs. He was so proud of his "new" hands too (with circles and then fingers coming off them). He also pointed out to me that he noticed some people in his class drawing flipped hair for girls and he "thought that was a good idea" so he did that for me and Brooklyn ;-) (how could I keep a straight face as he was explaining that to me... so stinkin' cute!) I asked him if my those were my black legs and he said yes. (Again, another smile) He explained that the boys are wearing shorts (coming out from the head) and the shirts are "short-sleeved" on the arms. Really, how cute! I also loved how he spelled Sterling "Strleig" when I first saw the drawing and then he wanted to know how to really spell it so he fixed it. He also spelled Ethan's name with an "en" and then he fixed it.
Tonight I came into the boys room after they were in bed and Briggs had his journal out and this is what he drew and wrote about. So cute! He hasn't written in his journal in a while. I think he was reminded about it today during sharing time in primary where we were talking about things you can do now to prepare for a mission and one of them was "writing daily in your journal." I'll have to ask him if that's why tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment