Friday, September 16, 2011

7 months... almost 8!

Sterling is 7 months! 
And boy are we loving this little boy!! 

I remember feeling so swollen and pregnant and feeling like he was never going to arrive and now I can't believe he's 7 months already!  He is sitting really well now without any help.  He got his first tooth on August 8th (the bottom left one) and he has been chewing like crazy and I think his other bottom tooth will be making it's way up in the next few weeks.  I definitely know when he's teething because he is a bear at times; not his normal happy little self.  He loves his new big crib in the same room as the big boys; no more pack and play for him (at least not exclusively).  He is getting up on his knees all the time and he has mastered the plank position pretty well (it's pretty cute!) He pushes himself in circles and backwards quite well.  He still grunts for food.  It always makes me smile.  Perhaps we are raising a little chef who just loves food.  One night Cory and I were watching Chopped and when he saw the food on the screen he started grunting... I mean emphatically grunting!  He cracks us up. He likes banana's, sweet potatoes, peas, squash and anything else he can get his hands on.  He loves paper and putting any and everthing in his mouth.  And yes... that is icky newspaper in his mouth down below!  He is so funny!  He would stop at nothing to get to that paper.  Brooklyn did her best to hold him off and then eventually relented!  And I just stood by taking pictures... because, really, if it doesn't kill 'em it only makes them stronger.  Right?!?!?!


He has a smile that lights up the room.  Briggs gets him out of his crib a lot of the time by stepping up on their little padded rocking horse and lifting him out.  Both he and Ethan like to carry him around and are good helpers.  They also love to hold him in Sacrament meeting at church.  He is pretty loved.  And within the past week (I know I'm headed into 8-month territory here) but he has found his voice and likes to squeek and squak!  It's pretty cute and pretty loud ;-)
 
A few weeks ago Sterling was wearing shorts and I laid him on his back in the grass.  A few minutes later I realized he was being pretty quiet and when I looked over at him he was just looking around, content as he could be, with his legs lifted and hovering over the grass blades; I'm not exagerating much when I say that he held that position for at least 10 minutes.  It was so funny.  I love that little boy!


I took this photo a couple Sunday's ago in the early evening with Cory and Sterling; it was such a beautiful night.  It's hard to tell but Cory is partially in the shade of our lovely little tree.  She may not provide much shade right now but she will one day!
Is the Story of The Giving Tree conjuring up any images right now?!?!?

I love beautiful summer nights!  And there are too few left.

Here's to another great month!

1 comment: